|Soil Moisture Active Passive Experiment (SMAPEx)|
• Field campaigns with airborne and ground data to contribute to the development of radar-only and combined radar-radiometer soil moisture retrieval algorithms for SMAP.
• Utilizes existing in situ resources and enhancements in the Murrumbidgee catchment (NSW) designed to support the unique products of SMAP.
• Introduction of a new low-cost active and passive L-band airborne facility
• Calibration and scaling of an Australian cal/val site for post-launch validation of SMAP products over Australia
• Led by Jeff Walker (University of Monash) and Rocco Panciera (University of Melbourne)
Official SMAPEx Website