Walter F Schmidt
Environmental Microbial & Food Safety Lab
USDA, ARS, NEA, BARC, EMFSL
10300 Baltimore Avenue
Building 303 BARC-East, room 011
Beltsville, MD 20705
Phone 301.504.6765, Fax 301.504.9466
Publications and Patents
Click here to see selected publications by Walter Schmidt listed by publication year, 1989-2014. Full-text reprints for some can be downloaded in PDF format.Recent Publications
- Potter, T.L., Hapeman, C.J., Mcconnell, L.L., Harman-Fetcho, J.A., Schmidt, W.F., Rice, C., Schaffer, B. 2014. Endosulfan wet deposition in Southern Florida (USA). Science of the Total Environment. 468-69, 505-513. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.08.070.
- Crawford, M., Guest, M., Broadhurst, C.L., Schmidt, W.F., Nagar, A., Wang, Y. 2013. Uniqueness Of docosahexaenoic acid: A master Of DNA and A Quantum gate. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 88:5-13.
- Huang, Q., McConnell, L.L., Razote, E., Schmidt, W.F., Vinyard, B.T., Torrents, A., Hapeman, C.J., Maghirang, R., Trabue, S.L., Prueger, J.H., Ro, K.S. 2013. Utilizing single particle Raman microscopy as a non-destructive method to identify sources of PM10 from cattle feedlot operations. Atmospheric Environment. 66:17-24.
- Barone, J.R. and Schmidt, W.F. Compositions and films comprised of avian feather keratin. U.S. Patent 7,066,995. June 27, 2006.
- Klun, J.A. and Schmidt, W.F. Methods and compositions for repelling arthropods US Patent No: 6,562,841, 2003.
- Gassner, G., Schmidt, W.F., Line, M.J., Waters, R.M. and Thomas, C.G. Fiber and Fiber Products Produced from Feathers. European Patent No. EP0832316, August, 2002.
- Gassner, G., Schmidt, W.F., Line, M.J., Waters, R.M. and Thomas, C.G. Fiber and Fiber Products Produced from Feathers. U.S. Patent No. 5,750,030. 1998.
Links to information from the ARS database
Click here to see a list of current projects for Walter Schmidt
Click here to see a list of publications for Walter Schmidt, with access to an abstract/summary for each publication.
Click here to see a list of ARS News articles for Walter Schmidt
Environmental Microbial and Food Safety Laboratory
Henry A. Wallace Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service