||Hyunglok Kim, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory
Bldg. 007, Rm. 104, BARC-West
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Voice: (301) 504-7490
Fax: (301) 504-8931
- Terrestrial Water Cycle
- Remote Sensing
- Bayesian Inference
- Machine/ Deep Learning
- Data Assimilation
- 2012 B.S. (Civil Engineering) Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2016 M.S.E. (Water Resources) Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2021 M.S. (Data Science) University of Virginia, VA, USA.
- 2022 Ph.D. (Civil Engineering) University of Virginia, VA, USA.
- 2018: Visiting Scholar, NASA-GSFC Hydrological Sciences Laboratory, Greenbelt, MD.
- 2019: Visiting Scholar, USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory, Beltsville, MD.
- 2022 - present: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory, Beltsville, MD.
- Future Investigators in NASA Earth and Space Science and Technology, NASA, 2019-2023.
- Civil Engineering Graduate Award for Superior Research, University of Virginia, 2022.
- AGU Horton Research Grant funded by the Robert E. Horton Fund for Hydrologic Research, American Geophysical Union, 2020.
- AGU Outstanding Student Presentation Award, American Geophysical Union, 2019.
H. Kim, V. Lakshmi, Y. Kwon, and S. Kumar, First attempt of global-scale assimilation of subdaily scale soil moisture estimates from CYGNSS and SMAP into a land surface model, Environmental Research Letters.
H. Kim, J. Wigneron, S. Kumar, J. Dong, W. Wagner, M. Cosh, D. Bosch, C. Collins, P. Starks, M. Seyfried, and V. Lakshmi, Global scale error assessments of soil moisture estimates from microwave-based active and passive satellites and land surface models over forest and mixed irrigated/dryland agriculture regions, Remote Sensing of Environment.
H. Kim and V. Lakshmi, Global dynamics of stored precipitation water in the topsoil layer from satellite and reanalysis data, Water Resources Research.
H. Kim and V. Lakshmi, Use of Cyclone Global Navigation Satellite System (CYGNSS) observations for estimation of soil moisture, Geophysical Research Letters.