The Animal Genomics and Improvement Laboratory (AGIL) discovers and develops improved methods for the genetic and genomic evaluation of economically important traits of dairy animals and small ruminants and conducts fundamental genomics-based research aimed at improving their health and productive efficiency.
AGIL was formed in April 2014 through a merger of the Animal Improvement Programs Laboratory (AIPL) and the Bovine Functional Genomics Laboratory (BFGL).
- Genome to Phenome: ARS Research in Precision Agriculture
- Joint Israeli-U.S. team recognized by BARD (Read more …)
- Paul VanRaden included on Clarivate Analytics' 2020 highly cited researchers list
- Paul VanRaden inducted into ARS Science Hall of Fame
- John Cole receives National Association of Animal Breeders' Research Award