JoAnn F. S. Lamb
B.S., Black HillsState College, Botany
M.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Agronomy-Plant Genetics and Breeding
Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Agronomy-Plant Genetics and Breeding
Quantitative genetic approaches to modifying alfalfa for:
•• Bioenergy and bioproducts;
•• Improved fiber digestibility for livestock; and
•• Enhanced nitrate-N cycling and improved stress tolerance for use in phytoremediation and water quality protection.
Current or Planned Experiments
- Heritability of fiber digestibility in alfalfa.
- Selection for improved stem fiber digestibility in alfalfa.
- Evaluation of diverse alfalfa genetic sources for the production of fermentable sugars for ethanol.
- Selection for increased nitrate-N uptake capacity in alfalfa.
- Keith Henjum (Agricultural Science Research Technician)
- Ted Jeo (Biological Science Laboratory Technician)