David F Garvin
Research Geneticist (Plants)
B.A., California State University-Fullerton, Biology
M.S., University of California-Riverside, Plant Sciences
Ph.D., CornellUniversity, Plant Breeding
- Disease resistance and susceptibility in wheat.
- Brachypodium distachyon for grass crop research.
- Improving nutritional value of crops.
Current or Planned Experiments
- Characterize natural and induced rust resistance and susceptibility.
- Use Brachypodium distachyon to explore the molecular basis of rust resistance in grass crops.
- Explore genetics of Fusarium head blight resistance and susceptibility in wheat.
- Zachary Blankenheim (Biological Science Technician)
- Juan Gutierrez-Gonzalez (Research Geneticist, Plants)