Chemical Engineering Technician
Biography and Research
Andrew (AJ) Thomas has been a Chemical Engineering Technician at NCAUR, USDA-ARS, Peoria, IL since 1998. He works with Dr. Steve Peterson and a team of scientists conducting research on using biochar as filler material for rubber composites (replacing carbon black, a byproduct of fossil fuels). Biochar is a renewable form of carbon that can be produced from any carbon-containing biomass by treating biomass with high temperature while excluding oxygen (pyrolysis).
Most Recent Publications
- (Clicking on the reprint icon will take you to the publication reprint.)
- Physical and chemical properties of pyrolyzed biosolids for utilization in sand-based turfgrass rootzones-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
Vaughn, S.F., Dinelli, F.D., Kenar, J.A., Jackson, M.A., Thomas, A.J., Peterson, S.C. 2018. Physical and chemical properties of pyrolyzed biosolids for utilization in sand-based turfgrass rootzones. Waste Management. 76:98-105.
- Improved hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) films through incorporation of amylose-sodium palmitate inclusion complexes-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
Hay, W.T., Fanta, G.F., Peterson, S.C., Thomas, A.J., Utt, K.D., Walsh, K.A., Boddu, V.M., Selling, G.W. 2018. Improved hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) films through incorporation of amylose-sodium palmitate inclusion complexes. Carbohydrate Polymers. 188:76-84.
- PREDICTION OF THE NONLINEAR TRANSIENT AND OSCILLATORY RHEOLOGICAL BEHAVIOR OF FLOUR SUSPENSIONS USING A STRAIN-SEPARABLE INTEGRAL CONSTITUTIVE EQUATION-(Peer Reviewed Journal)
- THE RHEOLOGY OF SOFT-SERVE ICE CREAM-(Abstract Only)
- CONSTITUTIVE ANALYSIS OF THE NONLINEAR SHEAR RHEOLOGY OF FLOUR SUSPENSIONS OBTAINED FROM DIFFERENT BOTANICAL SOURCES-(Proceedings)
- APPLICATION OF INTEGRAL CONSTITUTIVE EQUATIONS TO DESCRIBE THE NONLINEAR RHEOLOGICAL BEHAVIOR OF FLOUR SUSPENSIONS-(Proceedings)
Publications Indexed by Scopus
(The Scopus results may not reflect a complete or accurate listing for this scientist. Some journals may not be indexed by Scopus, and there may be articles by other authors of the same name listed by this search).