1. Kenar, J. A., Compton, D. L. and Felker, F. C., Aqueous starch-oil dispersions having improved UV stability and absorbing ability, US Patent 7,875,262. 2011.
2. Kenar, J.A., Carbonate phase change materials, US Patent 8,354,040. 2013.
1. Kenar, J. A., Knothe, G., and Copes A. L. Synthesis and characterization of dialkyl carbonates prepared from mid-, long-chain, and guerbet alcohols. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 81(3):285-291. 2004.
2. Knothe, G. and Kenar J. A. Determination of the fatty acid profile by 1H-NMR spectroscopy. European Journal of Lipids Science and Technology 106(2):88-96. 2004.
3. Kenar, J. A., Knothe, G., Dunn, R. O., Ryan III, T. W., and Matheaus, A. Physical properties of oleochemical carbonates. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 82(3):201-205. 2005.
4. Kenar, J. A. Reaction chemistry of gossypol and its derivatives. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 83(4):269-302. 2006.
5. Compton, D. L., Kenar, J. A., Laszlo, J. A., and Felker, F. C. Feruloylated mono- and diacylglycerol starch composites: aqueous dispersions of soy-based ultraviolet absorbing lipids. Industrial Crops and Products 25(1):17-23. 2006.
6. Kenar, J. A., Felker, F. C., Biresaw, G., and Kurth, T. L. Properties of dry film lubricants prepared by spray application of aqueous starch-oil composites. Industrial Crops and Products 29(1):45-52. 2009.
7. Bantchev, G., Kenar, J. A., Biresaw, G., and Han, M. G. Free radical addition of butanethiol to vegetable oil double bonds. J. Agriculture and Food Chemistry 57(4):1282-1290. 2009.
8. Fanta, G. F., Felker, F. C., Byars, J. A., Kenar, J. A., and Shogren, R. L. Starch-soybean oil composites with high oil:starch ratios prepared by steam jet cooking. Starch/St?rke 61(10):590-600. 2009.
9. Eller, F.J., Moser, J.K., Kenar, J.A., Taylor, S.L., Extraction and analysis of tomato seed oil. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 87(7):755-762. 2010.
10. Fanta, G.F., Kenar, J.A., Byars, J.A., Felker, F.C., Shogren, R.L., Properties of aqueous dispersions of amylose-sodium palmitate complexes prepared by steam jet cooking. Carbohydrate Polymers 81(3):645-651. 2010.
11. Kenar, J.A., Latent heat characteristics of biobased oleochemical carbonates as novel phase change materials. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells 94(10):1697-1703. 2010.
12. Carpenter, C.A., Kenar, J.A., Price, N.P.J., Preparation of saturated and unsaturated fatty acid hydrazides and long chain C-glycoside ketohydrazones. Green Chemistry 12(11):2012-2018. 2010.
13. Shogren, R.L., Peterson, S.C., Evans,K.O., Kenar, J. A., Preparation and characterization of cellulose gels from corn cobs. Carbohydrate Polymers 86:1351-1357. 2011.
14. Kenar, J. A., Thermal characteristics of oleochemical carbonate binary mixtures for potential latent heat storage. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 114(1): 63-70. 2011.
15. Byars, J.A., Fanta, G.F, Kenar, J.A., Felker, F.C., Influence of pH and temperature on the rheological properties of aqueous dispersions of starch-sodium palmitate complexes. Carbohydrate Polymers 88(1): 91-95. 2012.
16. Kenar, J. A., Felker, F.C., Fanta, G. F., Aqueous carbon black dispersions prepared utilizing jet cooked starches. Journal of Applied Polymer Sciences 126(S1):E418-E429. 2012.
17. Vaughn, S.F., Kenar, J.A., Felker, F.C., Berhow, M.A., Cermak, S.C., Evangelista, R.L., Fanta, G.F., Behle, R.W., Lee, E., Evaluation of alternatives to guar gum as tackifiers for hydromulch and as clumping agents for biodegradable cat litter. Industrial Crops and Products 43:798-801. 2013.
18. Byars, J.A., Fanta, G.F, Kenar, J.A., Effect of amylopectin on the rheological properties of aqueous dispersions of starch-sodium palmitate complexes. Carbohydrate Polymers 95(1):171-176. 2013.
Book Chapters and Popular Publications:
1. Kenar, J. A. Current perspectives on oleochemical carbonates. Inform 15(9):580-582. 2004.
2. Kenar J. A. and Knothe, G. Chemical properties. In Gunstone, F. D., Harwood, J. L., and Dijksta, A. J. (eds.), Lipid Handbook with CD-ROM, 3rd ed., Taylor & Francis Group LLC, Boca Raton. pp. 535-589. Published March 2007.
3. Kenar, J. A. Glycerol as a platform chemical: Sweet opportunities on the horizon? Lipid Technology 19(11):249-253. 2007.
4. Cermak, S. C., Evangelista, R. L., Kenar, J. A., Distillation of natural fatty acids and their chemical derivatives. In Zereshki, S. (ed.), "Distillation-Advances from Modeling to Applications", InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, pp.109-140. Published March, 2012.
5. Felker, F.C., Kenar, J.A., Byars, J.A., Singh, M., Liu, S.X., Fanta, G.F., Potential applications for amylose inclusion complexes produced by steam jet cooking. The 8th International Starch Technology Conference, University of Illinois, June 3-5, Champaign, IL. pp. 80-96. 2013.