1 - Support Teams
2 - Page 4
3 - Page 6
4 - Page 7
5 - Page 2
6 - Page 3
7 - Page 5
8 - Page 8
The Seed Viability Team conducts the following activities:
- Germination testing of seed increased at the station.
- Viability monitoring of distribution lots every 5 to 10 years.
- Tetrazolium testing of hard to germinate seeds.
- Notifying curators of the viability status of their collections.
- Work with curators on special needs projects.
- Research published papers for proven methods to break seed dormancy.
- Plan and conduct experiments to discover methods to break seed dormancy.
- Investigate methods of drying seeds to prolong seed life; this may include genera that are suspected of being recalcitrant.
- Investigate methods of eliminating insect infestations in seed lots.
|<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 |