1 - Curators
2 - Page 1
3 - Page 3
The Ornamental Horticulture Team:
Herbaceous Ornamentals, Mints, and Medicinal Plants
- Curation of herbaceous ornamental, non-Mentha mint, and medicinal taxa, including but not limited to the genera Alcea, Anemone, Calendula, Malva, Potentilla, Rumex, Tanacetum, Thalictrum, Agastache, Blephilia, Monarda, Origanum, Stachys, Actaea, Echinacea, Hypericum, and Prunella.
- Responsible for acquisition, conservation, management, regeneration, and taxonomic identifty of the herbaceous ornamental mint, and medicinals collections at NCRPIS.
- Characterization seed development and dormancy as they relate to storage and regeneration.
- Develop effective postharvest treatment, storage, seed viability testing, and regeneration protocols for Actaea, Euonymus, Fraxinus, Hypericum, and Staphylea.
- Collect descriptive phenological data for Actaea, Hypericum, and Prunella.
- For more information contact Jeffrey Carstens, Ornamental Horticulture Curator.
Woody Landscape Plants
- Curation of woody landscape plants including, but not limited to, Aronia, Caragana, Cornus, Diervilla, Euonymus, Fraxinus, Gymnocladus, Physocarpus, Rhus, Salix, Spiraea, Staphylea, and Ulmus.
- Coordination of NC7 Regional Ornamental Plant Trials.
- Coordination of The NPGS Ash Conservation Project.
- Responsible for taxonomic identity of woody landscape collections maintained at NCRPIS.
- Responsible for acquisition, conservation, management, and regeneration of woody landscape plants.
- Understanding the roles of environmental variables (climate and soils) and provenance on woody plant adaptation.
- Cryopreservation of Salix spp. dormant winter buds.
- Collecting observation data for woody landscape collections at NCRPIS.
- Developing methods to break dormancy for woody landscape collections at NCRPIS.
- Building comprehensive, germplasm collections of woody landscape collections at NCRPIS. Current prioritized genera include Gymnocladus, Spiraea, Cornus, and Diervilla.
- For more information contact Jeffrey Carstens, Woody Landscape Plant Curator.
|<< Previous 1 2 |