1 - Curators
2 - Page 1
3 - Page 3
The Amaranth Team conducts the following activities:
- Curation of germplasm collections of numerous crops and wild relatives including Amaranthus, Celosia, Chenopodium, Coronilla, Dalea, Galega, Melilotus, Perilla, Spinacia, miscellaneous Umbelliferae, and the millets: Echinochloa, Panicum, and Setaria.
- Information source for these collections with sustained interest in diversity, research, and research contacts.
- Seed regeneration efforts in these collections.
- Responsible for taxonomic identity and corrections in these germplasm collections.
- Responsible for the on-line GRIN database content for these collections.
- Developing improved methods for regenerating germplasm.
- Enhancement breeding in Amaranthus and Panicum.
- Comparing crop sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Understanding of gaps and strengths in these collections as the basis for setting priorities in acquisition and maintenance of germplasm.
| 2 3 Next >>|