United States Department of Agriculture
Research, Education, and Economics
Agricultural Research Service
February 4, 2014
SUBJECT: U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Ethics Program
TO: Mid South Area Employees
FROM: Archie Tucker
Designated Area Ethics Advisor
The ARS Mid South Area is committed to the Department’s Ethics Program. We expect all employees of the Mid South Area to be fully aware of and follow all USDA and Government ethics policies, especially “Principles of Ethical Conduct for Government Officers and Employees” Executive order 12731 of October 19, 1990, and the “14 General Principles” found in 5 CFR 2635.101(b).
Some key general principles:
· Public service is a public trust, requiring employees to place loyalty to the Constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above private gain.
· Employees shall put forth honest effort in the performance of their duties.
· Employees shall not use non-public information to further any private interests.
· Employees shall not use public office for private gain.
· Employees shall protect and conserve Federal property and shall not use it for other than authorized activities.
Please ensure that all employees receive a copy of this memo including those without access to email. Also, the memo is to be displayed in a prominent place.