Aflagoggles for Screening Aflatoxin Contamination in Maize
Food and Feed Safety Research
Project Number: 6435-42000-021-20
Start Date: Oct 01, 2013
End Date: Sep 30, 2015
1. Survey existing methods for low-cost, rapid, and non-invasive screening of aflatoxin contamination in maize.
2. Survey current applications using narrow bandwidth filtering.
3. Identify two potential narrow bandwidth spectral bands for aflatoxin screening.
4. Develop feasible method to use the identified narrow bandwidth spectral bands and provide initial design of the AflaGoggles.
5. Prototype construction of the AflaGoggles and the development of screening procedures with the prototype.
6. Implement initial trials of the AflaGoggles to test their feasibility in a real world situation and also for continuous improvement of the screening procedures.
1) Identify potential spectral bandwidths for aflatoxin screening; 2) design AflaGoggles using feasible method for using bandwidths; 3) develop AflaGoggles prototype; and 4) implement trials to test product.