SEQUENCING AND IDENTIFICATION OF SMALL RNAS IN CITRUS CO-INFECTED WITH MILD AND SEVERE STRAINS OF CTV
Project Number: 5302-22000-011-02
Specific Cooperative Agreement
Start Date: May 18, 2010
End Date: Oct 31, 2012
1. Develop qPCR probes for the different Dekopon sub-isolates and quantify each in single and mixed infections to assess interference in accumulation/replication of each sub-isolate.
2. Examine P20, P23, and CP (suppressors of gene silencing) for each sub-isolate for genetic variation and associate with symptom expression.
3. Characterize siRNA profiles in mixed and single infected plants by high throughput sequencing.
1. Aphid transmission
2. Reverse transcription (RT) polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
3. Real time PCR (qPCR)
4. Cloning, sequencing
5. Western blots, northern blots, hybridizations
6. Small RNA deep sequencing
Documents SCA with the University of Iowa.