POSITIONAL CANDIDATE GENES FOR RESISTANCE TO MAREK’S DISEASE BY SCREENING FOR MAREK’S DISEASE VIRUS MEQ-REGULATED GENES
Avian Disease and Oncology Laboratory
Project Number: 3635-31320-009-02
Specific Cooperative Agreement
Start Date: Feb 12, 2009
End Date: Dec 31, 2012
As described in USDA NRI-funded grant, we will:
1. Identify MDV Meq and c-Jun binding sites in the chicken genome.
2. Identify differentially expressed genes following MDV-reactivation in MSB-1 cells.
3. Determine if differentially expressed genes identified in objective 2 also show differentially expression between MD tumors and CD4+ T cells.
4. Identify differentially expressed genes as a function of genetic resistance status or the presence of Meq.
1. Utilize chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) using Meq or c-Jun antibodies and determine the DNA sequences via Solexa paired-end reads.
2. Isolate RNA from MSB-1 cells at time 0 and following MDV reactivation, and run on Affymetrix Chicken microarrays.