Suppression of Pear Psylla Using Elicitors of Plant Defenses
Temperate Tree Fruit and Vegetable Research
Project Number: 2092-22430-002-14
Start Date: Jul 01, 2014
End Date: Jul 31, 2017
1) Test the effects of commercially available elicitors of host defenses on pear psylla population growth and attraction of natural enemies in pear orchards.
2) Test the combined effects of potassium and magnesium fertilization on induced defenses against pear psylla.
3) Test the effects of induced defenses on obligate bacterial symbionts of pear psylla.
1) Field trials to assess the effects of defense elicitors on pear spylla and natural enemies.
2) Greenhouse assays to determine whether increasing potassium or magnesium availability improves the efficacy of defense elicitors.
3) Laboratory experiments to investigate the effects of induced defenses on psylla endosymbionts.