Development of SSR Markers for Detection, Genotyping, Phenotyping and Genetic Diversity Assessment of CA. Liberibacter Strains in Florida
Project Number: 5302-22000-010-05
Start Date: Mar 18, 2011
End Date: Jan 31, 2013
1. Perform genome-wide sequence analysis to identify Simple Sequence Repeat (SSR) loci.
2. Genotyping and phenotyping of CLas strains, characterizing virulent strains, host pathogen interactions; adaptation, selection and strain – strain competition.
3. Analyzing CLas population structures, assessing genetic diversity of CLas in Florida populations.
1. Complete genome gaps from current draft genome using long distance PCR and genomic walking techniques.
2. PCR and fragment analyses of asiaticus isolates collected from Florida populations.
3. Conduct molecular variance analysis to assess hierarchical structures of pathogen population in Florida.