2012 Annual Report
1. Irrigation Efficiency: including research into the efficiency of conveyance and measurement technology, irrigation management practices, field-level water application practices, and drainage infrastructure. 2. Water Productivity in Agriculture: including the implications of irrigation timing on crop water requirement and crop production, conjunctive application of water and fertilizers, and other factors that affect the productivity of water in agriculture.
3. Irrigation Technology Adoption: including research into the determinants of adopting water-saving irrigation technology and practices and the effects adoption has on water use, crop production, and water quality.
4. Irrigation and Climate Change: including research into the approaches in adapting to climate change in irrigation water management and also mitigating atmospheric greenhouse gas buildup.
5. Waste Water Reuse: including research into the effectiveness of using treated wastewater in agriculture and the implications of using wastewater in agriculture.
6. Drainage and salinity control: including research into approaches and technologies for drainage and salinity control, reuse of brackish water.
7. Institutional Reform and Water Pricing: including irrigation district management reforms (such as water user associations and canal contracting), the effects of water pricing policies on water use, crop production and farm incomes, and the effectiveness of alternative polices to control groundwater withdrawals. 8. New technology application: including research into application of new technologies in irrigation water management, such as remote sensing, canal automation, decision-making support system.
9. Information Services and Technology Transfer: assemble, manage and publish data and information resources for research, education and public service.
To generate broad interest and increased activities, the Parties will, upon mutual consent, involve other interested government agencies and the scientific and business communities of both countries in cooperative programs, trade capacity-building activities, and scientific cooperation and exchanges in implementation of this Annex.