Great Basin Research and Management Partnership Memorandum of Understanding
Northwest Watershed Management Research
Project Number: 5362-13610-011-01
Memorandum of Understanding
Start Date: Apr 01, 2009
End Date: Dec 02, 2013
Goals and Desired Outcomes: The Great Basin Research and Management Partnership promotes comprehensive and complementary research and management collaborations to sustain ecosystems, resources and communities across the Great Basin. The specific goals of the GBRMP are to:
1. Maximize integration of science and management through partnerships and technology transfer.
2. Provide leadership and commitment to an integrated organizational framework linking science and management to address priority natural-resource and socio-economic issues in the Great Basin.
3. Expand and facilitate inter-disciplinary, multi-organizational teams focused on problem solving through collaborative management and research.
4. Identify opportunities to leverage limited resources, minimize duplication, and pursue additional support and resources toward shared goals.
5. Implement communication and information sharing that enhances problem solving, demonstrates measurable results, and increases public support for Great Basin sustainability.
6. Produce measurable and meaningful outcomes in support of its mission and goals.
These parties hereby agree to support development of The Great Basin Research and Management Partnership (GBRMP). GBRMP coordinates interdisciplinary, multi-organizational, research and management teams to develop solutions to ecological and socio-economic problems in the Great Basin. Documents MOU with USFS.