THE ROLE OF FTSH11 PROTEASE IN CHLOROPLAST BIOGENESIS AND MAINTENANCE AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES IN MODEL AND CROP PLANTS
Project Number: 6208-21000-018-01
Start Date: Sep 01, 2009
End Date: Feb 28, 2013
1. To determine the localization, topology, oligomerization status, size and identity of components of the FtsH11 complex.
2. To identify substrates involved in the FtsH11 and downstream components in maintaining thermostability.
3. Identify elements involved in the FtsH11 protease regulatory networks related to high temperature adaptation processes in chloroplast biogenesis an din chloroplast development.
4. Study the role of FtsH11 homologs from crop species in HT tolerance of photosynthesis systems.
1. Generate transgenic plants expressing epitope-tagged FtsH11 and their analysis, and purification of the tagged complex and its analysis.
2. Identify trapped substrates and comparative proteomics, respectively.
3. Generate EMS mutation of mutant; isolate and characterize the suppressors and possible enhancers of ftsh11 knockout mutant.
4. Generate overexpression and knockdown transgenic lines and comduct complementation analysis of these lines.