The mission of the Human Nutrition Program is to define the role of food and its components in optimizing health throughout the life cycle for all Americans by conducting high national priority research.
Well-nourished Americans making health-promoting diet choices based on scientific evidence.
1. Linking Agricultural Practices and Beneficial Health Outcomes
2. Monitoring Food Composition and Nutrient Intake of the Nation
3. Scientific Basis for Dietary Guidance
4. Prevention of Obesity and Obesity-Related Diseases
5. Life Stage Nutrition and Metabolism