About the Agricultural Research Service
The Agricultural Research Service
is the chief scientific arm of the U.S.
Department of Agriculture. ARS
- Conducts research to develop and transfer solutions to agricultural
problems of high national priority.
- Provides access to and dissemination of science-based information.
We conduct 22 National Programs
at about 100 locations to carry out our dual mission. Our goals
- Ensure high-quality, safe food and other agricultural products.
- Assess the nutritional needs of Americans.
- Sustain a competitive agricultural economy.
- Enhance the natural resources base and the environment.
- Provide economic opportunities for our citizens.