The objective of our research is to develop new concepts and new industrial products and processes in utilizing new crops or off season crops (lesquerella, pennycress, and coriander) and oil for the U.S. Specific areas of study include:
• Lubrication - developments of new and biobased drop-ins
• Vegetable based lubrication enhanced physical properties
• Cosmetics - developments of new and biobased drop-ins
• New crops selections for the U.S.
• Industrial/Commercial biobased drop-ins
• Identification of new crops
Results of this research will be additional new crop products commercialized which will provide the U.S. farmers additional crops to grow. Additionally, the off season crops will allow the U.S. farmers to have an additional source of income with these second season crops.