Eunjin Han, Ph.D.
USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory
Bldg. 007, Rm. 104, BARC-West
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Voice: (301) 504-8412
Fax: (301) 504-8931
- Optimal integration of ground measurements, remote sensing observations and hydrologic modeling to improve hydrologic predictions at various scales.
- Application of data assimilation techniques in water resources engineering with specific focus on soil moisture.
- 2011, Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- 2004, M.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- 2001, B.S. Earth Environment and Construction Engineering, Hanyang University, South Korea.
- 03/12-Present: Senior Research Scientist, Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI), USDA-ARS-Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory, Beltsville, MD.
- 08/07-11/11: Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN.
- 01/07-07/07: Engineer, Mine Reclamation Corporation, South Korea.
- 08/04-12/06: Junior Researcher, Korea Environment Institute, South Korea.
- 08/02-05/04: Graduate Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- 2009-Present: American Geophysical Union
Selected Publications:(please contact the author to determine reprint availability)
( view author's publications/interpretive summaries/technical abstracts since 1999)
Han, Eunjin, V. Merwade, G. Heathman and M. Cosh (2012). Application of Observation Operators for Field-scale Soil Moisture Averages and Variances in Agricultural Landscapes, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 444-445, 34-50.
Han, Eunjin, V. Merwade and G. Heathman (2012). Implementation of Surface Soil Moisture Data Assimilation with Watershed Scale Distributed Hydrologic Model, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 416-417, 98-117.
Han, Eunjin, V. Merwade and G. Heathman (2012). Application of Data Assimilation with the Root Zone Water Quality Model for Soil Moisture Profile Estimation in the Upper Cedar Creek, Indiana, Hydrological Processes, 26, 1707-1719.
Heathman, Gary, M. Cosh, E. Han, T. Jackson, L. McKee and S. McAfee (2012). Field-scale Spatiotemporal Analysis of Surface Soil Moisture for Evaluating Point-scale In situ Networks, Geoderma, Vol. 170, 195-205.
Heathman, Gary, M. Cosh, V. Merwade and E. Han (2012). Multi-scale Temporal Stability Analysis of Surface and Subsurface Soil Moisture within the Upper Cedar Creek Watershed, Indiana, Catena, Vol. 88(1), 91-103.