Feng Gao, Ph.D.
Research Physical Scientist
USDA-ARS Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory
Bldg. 007, Rm. 104, BARC-West
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Voice: (301) 504-6576
Fax: (301) 504-8931
Research Interests: (click here to see a list of current research projects)
- Crop condition monitoring through fusing high temporal and high spatial remote sensing data.
- Land cover and land use change detection using dense time-series data integrated from multiple sensors.
- Surface reflectance anisotropy (bi-directional reflectance distribution function) modeling and correction.
- Surface biophysical parameters retrieval from remote sensing data.
- 1998 Ph.D. (Geography) Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China.
- 2003 M.S. (Computer Science) Boston University, Boston, MA.
- 1992 M.E. (Remote Sensing) Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
- 1989 B.S. (Geology) Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
- 1992 - 1998: Research Associate Professor, Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China.
- 1996 - 1997: Visiting Assistant Professor, College of Science and Mathematics, Department of Geography, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA.
- 1998 - 2004: Research Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Geography and Center for Remote Sensing, Boston University, Boston, MA.
- 2004 - 2011: Research Scientist, Earth Resources Technology Inc. and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD.
- 2011 - present: Research Physical Scientist, Hydrology and Remote Sensing Laboratory, Beltsville, MD.
- "Albedo Trends Related to Land Cover Change and Disturbance: A Multi-sensor Approach", NASA ROSES 2009, Science of Terra/Aqua, PI: Jeffrey Masek, Co-Is: F. Gao, C. Schaaf, C. Williams, Y. Shuai, 2011 - 2013.
- "Using Landsat Global Land Survey Data to Measure and Monitor Worldwide Urbanization", NASA ROSES 2009, LCLUC, PI: Eric B. Colstoun; Co-Is: F. Gao, R. Wolfe, C. Huang, J. Tilton; 1/2011 - 1/2013.
- "Developing a Consistent Landsat Data Set from MSS, TM/ETM+, and International Data Sources for Land Cover Change Detection", USGS Landsat Data Continuity Mission (LDCM) Science Team, Feng Gao as Principal Investigator, $499,000, 9/15/2006 - 9/14/2011.
- "Recent North American Forest Dynamics via Integration of ASTER, MODIS, and Landsat Reflectance Data", Earth System Science Research using Data and Products from the Terra, Aqua, and ACRIMSAT Satellites, NASA 2006 ROSES NNH06ZDA001N-EOS, Jeff Masek as Principal Investigator, C. Huang, F. Gao, R. Wolfe, J. Townshend, Co-Investigators, $1,135,117, 4/1/2008 - 3/31/2011.
- "Building a Community Land Cover Change Processing System", NASA Advancing Collaborative Connections for Earth-Sun System Science (ACCESS), Jeff Masek as Principal Investigator, B. Weinstein, A. Rao, P. Davis, G. Davis, F. Gao, C. Huang, Co-Investigator, $630,211, 2/1/06 - 1/31/09.
- "Improving Access to Land and Atmosphere science products from Earth Observing Satellites: Helping NACP Investigators Better Utilize MODIS Data Products", NASA Advancing Collaborative Connections for Earth-Sun System Science (ACCESS), Jeff Morisette as Principal Investigator, R. Wolfe, F. Gao, B. Tan, G. Ederer, Co-Investigators, $560,000, 2/1/06 - 1/31/09.
- "Algorithm Refinement for the MODIS Bidirectional Reflectance/Albedo Product", NASA NRA-03-OES-02, Crystal B. Schaaf as Principal Investigator, F. Gao, A. Strahler, Co-Investigators, $950,408, 2/1/04 - 1/31/07.
- "Assessment of Aerosol, Albedo and Surface Type Environmental Data Records (EDRs) from VIIRS", NASA, Office of Earth Science (NPP), Crystal B. Schaaf as Principal Investigator, A. Strahler, M. Friedl, and F. Gao, Co-Investigators, $470,996, 9/1/03 - 8/31/06.
- "Real Time Estimation and Assimilation of Remotely Sensed Surface Properties for Numerical Weather Prediction Models", NOAA/NEDI, M. Friedl as Principal Investigator, B. Anderson, X. Zhang, and F. Gao, Co-Investigators, $454,987, 6/1/04 - 5/31/07.
- "Using MODIS Data to Characterize Climate Model Land Surface Processes and The Impacts of Land Use/Cover Change on Surface Hydrological Processes", NASA, Office of Earth Science (IDS), Robert E. Dickinson as Principal Investigator, G. Bonan, R. Defries, M. Friedl, F. Gao, M. Jin, J. Knyazikan, S. Liang, W. Lucht, R. Myneni, B. Pinty, N. Shabanov, C. Schaaf, Y. Tian, E. Tsvetsinskaya, M. Verstraete, Z. Yang, X. Zeng, and L. Zhou, Co-Investigators, $456,662 (BU portion only), 11/1/03 - 10/31/06.
- "Retrieval of Time-Varying Land Cover and Vegetation Properties from MODIS in Support of the NCEP-WRF Land Surface Model", NOAA-JCSDA, M. Friedl as Principal Investigator, B. Anderson, X. Zhang, and F. Gao, Co-Investigators, $100,000, 8/1/03 - 7/31/04.
Honors and Awards:
- "Year 2010 Entrepreneurial Spirit Award", Earth Resources Technology Inc., 2010.
- "Year 2009 Peer Award for Outstanding Post-Doc/Research Associate", NASA GSFC Hydrospheric and Biospheric Sciences Laboratory, 2009.
- "Year 2007 Exceptional Employee Performance/Contribution", Earth Resources Technology Inc., 2007.
- "Guest Professor", Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China, 2001.
- "The First-class Science and Technology Advancement Award", Chinese Ministry of Education, 2000.
- "Outstanding Young Scientist Award", Chinese Academy of Sciences (Nanjing Branch), 1998.
- "The Second-class Science and Technology Advancement Award", Chinese Ministry of Forestry, 1996.
- "1995-1996 Outstanding Doctoral Student Award", Beijing Normal University, 1996.
- "1992 Presidential Award for the Distinguished Graduate Student", Zhejiang University, 1992.
- "The First-Class Award in the Second National Challenge Cup for the Best Science and Technology Innovations for University Students", Chinese Ministry of Education, 1991.
Selected Publications: (please contact the author to determine reprint availability)
(view author's publications/interpretive summaries/technical abstracts since 1999)
Shuai, Y., J. G. Masek, F. Gao, and C. B. Schaaf, 2011, An algorithm for the retrieval of 30-m snow-free albedo from Landsat surface reflectance and MODIS BRDF, Remote Sensing of Environment, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2011.04.019.
Chen, J., X. Zhu, J. E. Vogelmann, F. Gao, and S. Jin, 2011, A simple and effective method for filling gaps in Landsat ETM+ SLC-off images, Remote Sensing of Environment, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2010.12.010.
Zhu, X., J. Chen, F. Gao, and J. Masek, 2010, An enhanced spatial and temporal adaptive reflectance fusion model for complex heterogeneous regions, Remote Sensing of Environment, 114, 2610-2623, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2010.05.032.
Tan, B., J. T. Morisette, R. E. Wolfe, F. Gao, G. A. Ederer, J. Nightingale, J. A. Pedelty, 2010, An Enhanced TIMESAT algorithm for estimating vegetation phenology metrics from MODIS data, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, doi:10.1109/JSTARS.2010.2075916.
Anderson, M., W. P. Kustas, J. M. Norman, C. R. Hain, J. R. Mecikalski, L. Schultz, M. P. Gonz´alez-Dugo, C. Cammalleri, G. d’Urso, A. Pimstein, and F. Gao, 2010, Mapping daily evapotranspiration at field to global scales using geostationary and polar orbiting satellite imagery, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussion, 7, 1-34, doi:10.5194/hessd-7-1-2010.
Gao, F., J. Masek, R. Wolfe, and C. Huang, 2010, Building consistent medium resolution satellite data set using moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer products as reference, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol. 4, 043526, doi:10.1117/1.3430002.
Román M., C. Schaaf, P. Lewis, F. Gao, G. P. Anderson, J. Privette, A. Strahler, C. Woodcock, M. Barnsley, 2010, Assessing the coupling between surface albedo derived from MODIS and the fraction of diffuse skylight over spatially-characterized landscapes, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 114, pp. 738-760.
Huang, C., S. N. Goward, J. G. Masek, F. Gao, E. F. Vermote, N. Thomas, K. Schleeweis, R. E. Kennedy, Z. Zhu, J. C. Eidenshink, J. R. G. Townshend, 2009, Development of time series stacks of Landsat images for reconstructing forest disturbance history, International Journal of Digital Earth, 99999:1, doi:10.1080/17538940902801614.
Gao, F., J. Masek, and R. Wolfe, 2009, An automated registration and orthorectification package for Landsat and Landsat-like data processing, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol.3, 033515, doi:10.1117/1.3104620.
Hilker, T., M. A. Wulder, N. C. Coops, N. Seitz, J. C. White, F. Gao, J. G. Masek, and G. Stenhouse, 2009, Generation of dense time series synthetic Landsat data through data blending with MODIS using a spatial and temporal adaptive reflectance fusion model, Remote Sensing of Environment, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2009.05.011.
Hilker, T., M. A. Wulder, N. C. Coops, J. Linke, G. McDermid, J. G. Masek, F. Gao, J. C. White, 2009, A new data fusion model for high spatial- and temporal- resolution mapping of forest disturbance based on Landsat and MODIS, Remote Sensing of Environment, doi:10.1016/j.rse.2009.03.007.
Nightingale, J., J. Morisette, R. Wolfe, B. Tan, F. Gao, G. Ederer, J. Collatz, D. Turner, 2008, Temporally smoothed and gap-filled MODIS Land Products for Carbon Modeling: Application of the FPAR Product, International Journal of Remote Sensing Research Letter, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 1083-1090.
Roy D. P., J. Ju, P. Lewis, M. J. Choate, C. Schaaf , F. Gao, M. Hansen, E. Lindquist, 2008, Multi-temporal MODIS-Landsat data fusion for relative radiometric normalization, gap filling, and prediction of Landsat data, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 112, pp. 3112-3130.
Gao, F., J. T. Morisette, R. E. Wolfe, G. Ederer, J. Pedelty, Ed. Masuoka, R. Myneni, B. Tan and J. Nightingale, 2008, An Algorithm to Produce Temporally and Spatially Continuous MODIS LAI Time Series, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 60-64.
Gao, F., J. Masek, M. Schwaller and F. Hall, 2006. On the Blending of the Landsat and MODIS Surface Reflectance: Predict Daily Landsat Surface Reflectance, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 44, No. 8, pp. 2207-2218.
Tsvetsinskaya, E. A., C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, A. H. Strahler, and R. E. Dickinson, 2006, Spatial and temporal variability in Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer-derived surface albedo over global arid regions, J. Geophys. Res., Vol. 111, D20106, doi:10.1029/2005JD006772.
Salomon, J. G., C. B. Schaaf, A. H. Strahler, F. Gao, and Y. Jin, 2006. Validation of the MODIS Bidirectional Reflectance Distribution Function and Albedo Retrievals Using Combined Observations from the Aqua and Terra Platforms, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1555-1565.
Masek, J. G., E. F. Vermote, N. E. Saleous, R. Wolfe, F. G. Hall, F. Huemmrich, and F. Gao, J. Kutler, T. K., Lim, 2006. A Landsat surface reflectance data set for North America, 1990-2000, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 3, No.1, pp. 69-72.
Gao, F., C. B. Schaaf, A. H. Strahler, A. Roesch, W. Lucht, and R. Dickinson, 2005. MODIS bidirectional reflectance distribution function and albedo Climate Modeling Grid products and the variability of albedo for major global vegetation types, Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 110, D01104, doi:10.1029/2004JD005190.
Moody, E. G., M. D. King, S. P. Platnick, C. B. Schaaf, and F. Gao, 2005. Spatially complete global spectral surface albedos: value-added datasets derived from Terra MODIS land products, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 144-158.
Stroeve, J., J. E. Box, F. Gao, S. Liang, A. Nolin and C. Schaaf, 2005. Accuracy assessment of the MODIS 16-day albedo product for snow: comparisons with Greenland in situ measurements, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 94, pp. 46-60.
Liang, X.-Z., M. Xu, W. Gao, K. Kunkel, J. Slusser, Y. Dai, Q. Min, P. R. Houser, M. Rodell, C. Schaaf and F. Gao, 2005. Development of land surface albedo parameterization based on Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) data, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 110, D11107, doi:10.1029/2004JD005579.
Roesch, A., C. B. Schaaf and F. Gao, 2004. Use of Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer bidirectional reflectance distribution function products to enhance simulated surface albedos, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 109, D12105, doi:10.1029/2004JD004552.
Tian, Y., R. E. Dickinson, L. Zhou, R. B. Myneni, M. Friedl, C. B. Schaaf, M. Carroll, and F. Gao, 2004. Land boundary conditions from MODIS data and consequences for the albedo of a climate model, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 31, doi:10.1029/2003GL019104.
Wang, Z., X. Zeng, M. Barlage, R. E. Dickinson, F. Gao, C. B. Schaaf, 2004. Using MODIS BRDF/albedo data to evaluate global model land surface albedo, Journal of Hydrometeorology, 5, pp. 3-14.
Gao, F., C. B. Schaaf, X. Li, Y. Jin, and A. H. Strahler, 2003, Detecting vegetation structure using a kernel-based BRDF model, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 86, pp. 198-205.
Zhou, L., R. E. Dickinson, Y. Tian, X. Zeng, Y. Dai, Z. Yang, C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, Y. Jin, A. Strahler, R. B. Myneni, H. Yu, W. Wu, and M. Shaikh, 2003. Comparison of seasonal and spatial variations of albedo from MODIS and common land model, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 108, No. D15, 4488, doi:10.1029/2002JD003326.
Oleson, K. W., G. B. Bonan, C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, Y. Jin, and A. H. Strahler, 2003. Assessment of global climate model land surface albedo using MODIS data, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 30, No. 8, 1443, doi:10.1029/2002GL016749.
Zhang, X., M. A. Friedl, C. B. Schaaf, A. H. Strahler, J. C. F. Hodges, F. Gao, B. C. Reed, 2003. Monitoring vegetation phenology using MODIS, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 84, No. 3, pp. 471-475.
Jin, Y., C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, X. Li, A. H. Strahler, W. Lucht, and S. Liang, 2003. Consistency of MODIS surface bidirectional reflectance distribution function and albedo retrievals: 1. Algorithm performance, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 108, No. D5, 4158, doi:10.1029/2002JD002803.
Jin, Y., C. B. Schaaf, C. E. Woodcock, F. Gao, X. Li, A. H. Strahler, W. Lucht, and S. Liang, 2003. Consistency of MODIS surface bidirectional reflectance distribution function and albedo retrievals: 2. Validation, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 108, No. D5, 4159, doi:10.1029/2002JD002804.
Gao, F., Y. Jin, X. Li, C. B. Schaaf, and A. H. Strahler, 2002. Bidirectional NDVI and atmospherically resistant BRDF inversion for vegetation canopy, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp. 1269-1278.
Jin, Y., F. Gao, C. B. Schaaf, X. Li, A. H. Strahler, C. Bruegge, and J. Martonchik, 2002. A synergistic surface BRDF/Albedo retrieval with MODIS and MISR observations, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp. 1593-1604.
Schaaf, B. C., F. Gao, A. H. Strahler, W. Lucht, X. Li, T. Tsang, etc., 2002. First operational BRDF, albedo and nadir reflectance products from MODIS, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 83, pp. 135-148.
Friedl, M. A., D. K. McIver, J. C. F. Hodges, X. Zhang, D. Muchoney, A. H. Strahler, C. E. Woodcock, S. Gopal, A. Schnieder, A. Cooper, A. Baccini, F. Gao, and C. B. Schaaf, 2002. Global land cover from MODIS: Algorithms and early results, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 83, pp. 135-148.
Jin, Y., C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, X. Li, A. H. Strahler, X. Zeng, and R. E. Dickinson, 2002. How does snow impact the albedo of vegetated land surfaces as analyzed with MODIS data?, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 29, No. 10, doi:10.1029/2001GL014132.
Tsvetsinskaya, E., C. B. Schaaf, F. Gao, A. H. Strahler, R. E. Dickinson, X. Zeng, and W. Lucht, 2002. Relating MODIS derived surface albedo to soils and landforms over Northern Africa and the Arabian peninsula, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 29, No. 9, doi:10.1029/2001GL014096.
Gao, F., C. B. Schaaf, A. H. Strahler, and W. Lucht, 2001. Using a multi-kernel least variance approach to retrieve and evaluate albedo from limited bi-directional measurements, Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 76, pp. 57-66.
Li, X., F. Gao, J. Wang and A. H. Strahler, 2001. A priori knowledge accumulation and its application to constrain inversion of kernel-driven linear BRDF models, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 106, No. D11, pp. 11,925-11,936.
Gao, F., X. Li, A. H. Strahler, and C. B. Schaaf, 2000. Comparison and validation of the new Li-Transit kernel, Remote Sensing Reviews, Vol. 19, pp. 205-224.
Li, X., F. Gao, J. Wang, and A. H. Strahler, 2000. Estimation of the Parameter Error Propagation in Inversion Based BRDF Observations at Single Sun Position, Science in China (Series E), 43(supp): 9-16.
Friedl, M. A., D. Muchoney, D. McIver, F. Gao, J. F. C. Hodges, and A. H. Strahler, 2000. Characterization of North American land cover from NOAA-AVHRR data using the EOS MODIS land cover classification algorithm, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 27, No. 7, p. 977-980.
Kimes, D., Y. Knjazikhin, J. Privette, A. Abuelgasim, F. Gao, 2000, Inversion methods for physically based models, Remote Sensing Review, Vol. 18, No. 2-4, p.381-439.
Gao, F., A. H. Strahler, Z. Xia, Q. Zhu, and X. Li, 1999. Improvement on the inversion of kernel-driven BRDF Model, Chinese Science Bulletin, Vol. 44, No. 1, p.76-79.
The following papers were published in Chinese from 1991 to 1998:
Gao, F., X. Li, Z. Xia, Q. Zhu, and A. H. Strahler, 1998. Knowledge-based multi-staged uncertainty inversion for multiangular remotely sensed data, Science in China (Series D), Vol. 28, No.4, p. 346-350.
Gao, F. and Q. J. Zhu, 1997. Process System of Measured Bidirectional Reflectance in Changchun Laboratory, Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol.1 Suppl., May, 1997, p. 123-130.
Li, X., F. Gao, J. D. Wang, Q. J. Zhu, 1997. A Knowledge Based Inversion of Physical BRDF Models Using Uncertainty and Sensitivity Matrix, Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 1-14.
Gao, F. and Q. J. Zhu, 1997. The Advance on Multi-Angular Remote Sensing of Vegetation Canopy, Geography Science, Vol.50, No.4. p. 346-355.
Gao, F., 1997, Computer Manage System for Chinese 1:50000 Standard Map, Cartography and GIS, No. 3, p. 14-16.
Gao, F., Z. W. Zhang, and Q. Zhu, 1995, Spatial Spread Simulation of Forest Fire Based upon GIS, Monitoring and Assessment of Remote Sensing on Forest Fire-Theory and Technology Application, p. 121-127. (ALSO in Remote Sensing of Environment (China), 1995, Vol. 10, No. 2, p. 81-88)
Yu, F., F. Gao, and Q. J. Zhu, 1995, Establishment and Management of Forest Fire Data Base in South-West of China, Monitoring and Assessment of Remote Sensing on Forest Fire-Theory and Technology Application, p. 42-47.
Gao, F., 1994, Extracting Paddy Information in Large Zone From Remotely Sensed Image Based on Microcomputer, Remote Sensing of Environment (China), Vol. 10, No. 2, p. 92-99.
Gao, F. and R. Zhao, 1994, Investigating Rice Area from Remote Sensing Image of Wuxi County, Memoirs of Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology Academia Sinica, No. 11, p. 83-92.
Zhu, Q., F. Gao, and F. Yu, 1993, A Study on Satellite Early Warning and Monitor System of Forest Fire, Remote Sensing for Land & Resources, No. 3 p. 36-40.
Gao, F., 1993, Processing Skills of Large Amount of Remotely Sensed Data on Microcomputer, Remote Sensing Technology and Application, No. 3, p. 42-47.
Gao, F., 1993, Pseudo Color Composition for Remote Sensing Data in Microcomputer, Remote Sensing Information, No. 1, p. 23-26.
He, L., R. Zhao, and F. Gao, 1993, Fuzzy Supervised Classification Method of Remote Sensing Image, Memoirs of Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology Academia Sinica, No. 10, p. 108-112.
He, L., R. Zhao, and F. Gao, 1993. The Further Development of a Microcomputer-Based Digital Image Processing System, Journal of the Graduate School Academia Sinica, Vol. 10, No. 2, p. 171-177.
Gao, F., R. Zhao, and L. H. He, 1991. Tapping the Potential of Microcomputer-Supported Remote Sensing Imagery Display System, Remote Sensing Information, No.2, p. 18-20.
Gao, F., 1991. Remote Sensing Image Processing System for Microcomputer, Computer Application, Vol. 11, No. 4, p. 6-10.
Gao, F., 1991. A New Design of Data Structure for GIS and Image Management, Remote Sensing Application, Vol.4, No.1, p. 36-41.
Schaaf, C. L., J. Martonchik, B. Pinty, Y. Govaerts, F. Gao, A. Lattanzio, J. Liu, A. H. Strahler and M. Taberner, Retrieval of Surface Albedo from Satellite Sensors, In Advances in Land Remote Sensing: System, Modeling, Inversion and Application. S. Liang, Ed. Springer. ISBN 978-1-4020-6449-4, p. 219-243, 2008.
Schaaf, C. L. B., J. Liu, F. Gao and A. H. Strahler, MODIS Albedo and Reflectance Anisotropy Products from Aqua and Terra, In Land Remote Sensing and Global Environmental Change: NASA’s Earth Observing System and the Science of ASTER and MODIS, Remote Sensing and Digital Image Processing Series, Vol. 11, B. Ramachandran, C. Justice, M. Abrams, Eds., Springer-Verlag, 873 pp., 2011.
Song, C., J. Gray and F. Gao, Remote Sensing of Vegetation with Landsat Imagery, In Advances in Environmental Remote Sensing: Sensors, Algorithms, and Applications, Q. Weng Ed., CRC Press/Taylor and Francis, 2011.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)