630 W. North Street
Geneva, NY 14456
315 787 2329 (office)
315 787 2339 (Fax)
As the Administrative Officer, I serve as a business partner with the Research Leader (RL) by providing leadership in the management of the Unit’s business functions. I plan, implement, guide, and assess all administrative operations which include budget, facilities, finance, human resources, property management, purchasing, and safety. I initiate and monitor budgets and financial operating plans that include equipment, research agreements, salaries, service contracts, supplies, travel, and utilities.
In my position as Administrative Officer, my most significant role is to lead by example. I endeavor to encourage an environment of cooperation, open communication, and teamwork. Therefore I make certain that organizational goals, objectives, priorities, job assignments, and deadlines are clearly communicated to employees.
· B.S. Psychology, 1988, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
· M.S. Organizational Management, 1998, Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester, NY
· Administrative Officer, March 2012-Present, USDA/ARS, NEPSW/NCWMAC, Franklin/Orono, Maine
· Administrative Officer, April 2009-Present, USDA, ARS, PGRU/GGRU, Geneva, NY & Maine
· Adjunct Professor, 2003 – Present, Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester, NY
· Coach of Diabetes Prevention Program, August 2010 – Present, YMCA of Greater, Rochester, NY
· Certified Group Fitness Instructor, 2009 – Present, YMCA of Greater Rochester, Rochester, NY