Research Soil Scientist
- Ph.D. 2001, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. Soil Science. Minor: Water Resources.
- M.S. 1998, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT. Agronomy.
- B.S. 1996, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT. Agronomy, Emphasis: Environmental Science. Minor: Chemistry.
- A.S. 1993, Ricks College, Rexburg, ID. Arts and Science.
- 2001-2006: Assistant Professor, Soil Fertility and Nutrient Management, University of Nebraska-Lincoln West Central Research and Extension Center, North Platte, NE.
- 2007-present: Soil Scientist/Systems Agronomist, USDA-ARS, Northwest Irrigation and Soils Research Laboratory, Kimberly, ID.
- American Society Agronomy
- Soil Science Society of America
- Crop Science Society of America
Expertise and Scientific Interests:
- Fertilizer use efficiency of crops.
- Manure management for improved crop production and environmental protection.
- Nutrient management and crop production under deficit and full irrigation management strategies.
- Crop production under different tillage practices and planting configurations.
- Fate of pharmaceuticals in soil and water.
- Evaluation of potato planting configurations, plant populations, nitrogen fertilizer rates, and irrigation amounts on production and fate of nitrate-nitrogen in the soil profile.
- Determining factors controlling phosphorus leaching in soils.
- Evaluation of strip-tillage and fertilizer placement strategies in field corn and sugar beet production.
Updated June 2007