· Copes, W. E., Yang, X., and Hong, C. X. 2015. Phytophthora species recovered from irrigation reservoirs in Mississippi and Alabama nurseries and pathogenicity of three new species. Plant Disease 99: (accepted Feb. 26, 2015).
· Copes, W. E. 2015. Spread potential of binucleate Rhizoctonia from nursery propagation floors to trays containing azalea stem cuttings and sanitary control options. Plant Disease 99: (accepted Nov. 12, 2014).
· Copes, W. E. 2015. Weather-based forecasting of Rhizoctonia web blight development on container-grown azalea. Plant Disease 99:100-105.
· Yang, X., Copes, W. E., and Hong, C. 2014. Two novel species representing a new clade and cluster of Phytophthora. Fungal Biology 118:72-82.
· Copes, W. E., B. Barbeau, and G. A. Chastagner. 2014. Chapter 21. Chlorine dioxide. Pages 251-265 in: Biology, Detection and Management of Plant Pathogens in Irrigation Water. G. Moorman, C. Büttner, W. Wohanka, and C. Hong (eds.). APS Press, St. Paul, MN. 2014.
· Elmer, W. H., Buck, J., Ahonsi, M. O., and Copes, W. E. 2014. Chapter 24. Emerging Technologies for Irrigation Water Treatment. Pages 289-301 in: Biology, Detection and Management of Plant Pathogens in Irrigation Water. G. Moorman, C. Büttner, W. Wohanka, and C. Hong (eds.). APS Press, St. Paul, MN.
· Copes, W. E., and Benson, D. M. 2014. Rhizoctonia damping-off, stem canker and root rot. Pages 14-15 in: Compendium of Rhododendron and Azalea Diseases and Insects, 2nd edition. R. Linderman, and D.M. Benson (eds.). APS Press, St. Paul, MN.
· Copes, W. E., and Benson, D. M. 2014. Rhizoctonia web blight. Pages 15-19 in: Compendium of Rhododendron and Azalea Diseases and Insects, 2nd edition. R. Linderman, and D.M. Benson (eds.). APS Press, St. Paul, MN.
· Yang, X., Copes, W. E., and Hong, C. 2013. Phytophthora mississippiae sp. nov., a new species recovered from irrigation reservoirs at a plant nursery in Mississippi. Journal of Plant Pathology and Microbiology 4:5. doi:10.4172/2157.7471 1000180.
· Copes, W. E. 2013. Rhizoctonia web blight development on azalea in relation to leaf wetness duration in the glasshouse. Journal of Phytopathology 161:723-729.
· Copes, W. E., Hagan, A., and Olive, J. 2012. Timing of fungicides in relation to calendar date, weather, and disease thresholds to control Rhizoctonia web blight on container-grown azalea. Crop Protection 42:273-280.
· Clark, J. S., Blythe, E. K., Copes, W. E., Windham, A. S., Bost, S. C., and Windham, M. T. 2011. Growth sensitivity of Corynespora cassiicola to thiophanate-methyl, iprodione, and fludioxonil. Online. Plant Health Progress doi:10.1094/PHP-2011-0926-03-RS.
· Copes, W. E., Rodriguez-Carres, M., Toda, T., Rinehart, T. A., and Cubeta, M. A. 2011. Seasonal prevalence of species of binucleate Rhizoctonia fungi in growing medium, leaf litter, and stems of container-grown azalea. Plant Disease 95:705-711.
· Copes, W. E. and Blythe, E. K. 2011. Rooting response of azalea cultivars to hot water treatment used for pathogen control. Hortscience 46:52-56.
· Copes, W. E., and Scherm, H. 2010. Rhizoctonia web blight development on container-grown azalea in relation to time and environmental factors. Plant Disease 94:891-897.
· Ahonsi, M.O., Banko, T.J., Doane, S.R., Demuren, A.O., Copes, W.E., and Hong, C. 2010. Effects of hydrostatic pressure, agitation and CO2 stress on Phytophthora nicotianae zoospore survival. Pest Management Science (online journal) DOI 10.1002/ps.1926.
· Copes, W.E., and Blythe, E.K. 2009. Chemical and hot water treatments to control Rhizoctonia AG P infesting stem cuttings of azalea. HortScience 44:1370-1376.
· Thomson, J.L., and Copes, W.E. 2009. Modeling disease progression of camellia twig blight using a recurrent event model. Phytopathology 99:378-384.
· Copes, W.E. 2009. Rate and intervals of hydrogen dioxide applications to control Puccinia hemerocallidis on daylily. Crop Protection 28:24-29.
· Copes, W.E., and Thomson, J.L. 2008. Survival analysis to determine the length of the incubation period of camellia twig blight caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. Plant Disease 92:1177-1182.
· Copes, W.E., and Stevenson, K.L. 2008. A pictorial disease severity key and the relationship between severity and incidence for black root rot of pansy caused by Thielaviopsis basicola. Plant Disease 92:1394-1399.
· Rinehart, T.A., Copes, W.E., Toda, T., and Cubeta, M.A. 2007. Genetic characterization of binucleate Rhizoctonia species causing web blight on azalea in Mississippi and Alabama. Plant Disease 91:616-623.
· Copes, W.E., and Scherm, H. 2005. Plant spacing effects on microclimate and Rhizoctonia web blight development in container-grown azalea. HortScience 40:1408-1412.
· Copes, W.E. 2004. Dose curves of disinfestants applied to plant production surfaces to control Botyrtis cinerea. Plant Disease 88:509-515.
· Copes, W.E., Chastagner, G.A., and Hummel, R.L. 2004. Activity of chlorine dioxide in solution of ions and pH against Thielaviopsis basicola and Fusarium oxysporum. Plant Disease 88:188-194.
· Copes, W.E., Chastaganer, G.A., and Hummel, R.L. 2003. Toxicity responses of herbaceous and woody ornamental crops to chlorine and hydrogen dioxides. Online. Plant Health Progress (online journal) dol:10.1094/PHP-2003-0311-01-RS.