Dr. Gregory Côté is originally from Massachusetts, where he obtained his BS in Chemistry from the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth. He attended graduate school at Iowa State University, obtaining a PhD in Biochemistry. After postdoctoral stints at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution and New Mexico State University, he came to the USDA lab in 1985, where he has been ever since. Greg has been Executive Secretary and Program Secretary for the ACS Division of Carbohydrate Chemistry, and Chair of the Illinois Heartland local section.
Dr. Côté has approximately 100 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, and 10 patents, with more in the works. His honors include:
· Chemist of the Year, American Chemical Society, Illinois Heartland Local Section, 2013
· Federal Laboratory Consortium Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer, 2008
· USDA-ARS Technology Transfer Award for Superior Efforts, 2007
· President’s Call to Service Award, 2007 & Bronze Volunteer Service Award, 2007
· Horace S. Isbell Award of the American Chemical Society, Carbohydrate Division,
For excellence in carbohydrate research, 1996
· National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research Scientist of the Year, 1994,
· one of Research & Development Magazine's Top 100 Invention Awards of 1989,
and several USDA Certificates of merit.