Rhynchophorus Palm Weevil Sounds
of Rhynchophorus Larval Sounds
are here: home > sound library > Rhynchophorus .html
1. Rhynchophorus ferrugineus larvae recorded in date palms at Palms de Eiche,
Spain by S. Gomez and R. Hill with AED-2000 [2601
kB 15.3 s].
2. Late-instar R. ferrugineus larvae, recorded in palm in Curacao with accelerometer
kB 31 s] and with AED-2000
3. 3 early-instar larvae recorded in Aruba in a shielded room with AED-2000
by Nathan Herrick [901 kB 10 s]. Note that many of the signals occurring
in the recordings of late-instar larvae above do not occur in this
4. 3 early-instar larvae recorded outdoors in Aruba with AED-2000
by Nathan Herrick [863 kB 10 s].
late-instar larvae recorded in small palm tree in Alicante, Spain
by Johari Jalinas and Richard Mankin [888 kB 10 s].
6. Recording from heavily infested Phoenix canariensis Chabaud palm tree in Denia, Spain
with AED-2010 by Rafa Lopez and Richard
Mankin [877 kB 10 s].
7. 3 early-instar Rhynchophorus cruentatus larvae in sabal palm frond recorded outdoors
in Tallahassee, FL with
AED-2000 by Omotola Dosunmu [912 kB 10 s].
large amount of background noise not present in the next recording
8. 3 early-instar Rhynchophorus cruentatus larvae in sabal palm frond recorded indoors
in Tallahassee, FL with AED-2000 by Omotola Dosunmu [947 kB 10 s].
are here: home > sound library > rhynchophorus
10/26/12 Richard Mankin