Our research studies focus on the anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activities of antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices. The goal is to understand the regulatory role these antioxidant-rich foods play in regulating the immune system and whether they can prevent immunological types of cancers, such as leukemia.
· Anti-inflammatory activities of grapes in humans at risk for cardiovascular disease
· Analysis of antioxidant status of fresh plum juice concentrate
· Anti-inflammatory effects of strawberries in obese individuals
· Evaluation of resveratrol and curcumin as therapeutics against high-risk leukemia
· Mechanistic studies of programmed cell death in leukemia cells treated with antioxidant phytochemicals
· Anti-inflammatory effects of foods high in antioxidant phytochemicals in autoimmune diabetes and lupus
Zunino Lab Home