· McElrone AJ, J Bichler, WT Pockman, RN Addington, CR Linder, RB Jackson. Aquaporin mediated changes in hydraulic conductivity of deep tree roots accessed via caves. 2007. Plant Cell & Environment 30:1411-1421.
· McElrone AJ, Jackson S, Habdas P. 2008. Hydraulic disruption and passive migration by a bacterial pathogen in oak tree xylem. Journal of Experimental Botany 59 (10): 2649- 2657.
· McElrone AJ, WT Pockman, J Martinez-Vilalta, RB Jackson. 2005. Variation in xylem structure and function for stems and roots of trees to 20 m depth. New Phytologist 163: 507-517.
· Peek MS, AJ McElrone, IN Forseth. 2004. Gas exchange responses of a desert herbaceous perennial to variable sunlight in contrasting microsites. Journal of Arid Environments 58: 439-449.
· McElrone AJ and IN Forseth. 2004. Photosynthetic responses of a temperate liana to Xylella fastidiosa infection and drought stress. Journal of Phytopathology 152: 9-20.
· McElrone AJ, JL Sherald, IN Forseth. 2003. Interactive effects of water stress and xylem-limited bacterial infection on the water relations of a host vine. Journal of Experimental Botany Vol. 54 (381): 419-430.
· Sullivan JS, DC Gitz, MS Peek, AJ McElrone. 2003. Response of three eastern tree species to supplemental UV-B radiation: leaf chemistry and gas exchange. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 120(1-4): 219-228.
· McElrone AJ, JL Sherald, IN Forseth. 2001. Effects of water stress on symptomatology and growth of Parthenocissus quinquefolia infected by Xylella fastidiosa. Plant Disease 85(11):1160-1164.
· McElrone AJ, JL Sherald, MR Pooler. 1999. Identification of alternative hosts of Xylella fastidiosa in the Washington DC area using nested polymerase chain reaction. Journal of Arboriculture 25: 258-263.