Potato Variety improvement through Gene Transfer and Virological Methods
UC Santa Barbara
- Research Geneticist, USDA ARS, and Adjunct Professor, Washington State University, 1986-present.
- Research Scientist-Legumes 1985-1986, UC Davis
- Senior Scientist, 1984-1984, International Plant Research Institute, San Carlos, CA
- Prinicpal Scientist, 1977-1984, International Potato Center, Lima, Peru.
- Member American Phytopathological Society
- Member American Society for Horticultural Science
- Member-Potato Association of America
- Best Paper Award, Potato Association of America, 2007
- Civil Rights EEO Supervisor’s Award, Pacific West Area, 2003
- Technology Transfer Award, USDA/ARS, Superior Effort- For leadership and contributions towards the success of the Tri-State Potato Variety Development Program in producing new potato varieties that have enhanced the viability of the U.S. potato industry. 2002
- Technology Transfer Award, Consortium of Federal Laboratories, Recognition, 2002.
- Certificate of Merit Award-For outstanding contribution in the area of potato variety improvement research to enhance health benefits, USDA/ARS, 2002
- Certificate of Merit Award- For leadership in potato variety improvement by transferring genetic resistance to diseases and pests in wild species to cultivated potatoes, and selection of pigmented potatoes with potential as functional food. USDA/ARS 2001
- Certificate of Merit Award- For outstanding contributions through national and international cooperative research on potato germplasm improvement with increased disease resistance along with improved quality traits. USDA/ARS, 1999
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972. University of California at Santa Barbara.