Nutrient and Water Management, Plant Nutrition, Water Quality
Full Publication List PDF
||Asian Inst. of Technology, Bangkok
Agricultural Soil & Water Engineering
||Penn St. Univ.
- Research Leader, Location Coordinator, and Supervisory Soil Scientist, USDA ARS PWA, Prosser, WA, 1999 - present
- Associate Professor, Univ of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL, 1995-1999
- Assistant Professor, Univ of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL, 1990-1995
- Postdoctoral Associate, Univ of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL, 1989-1990
- Postdoctoral Associate, Univ of Georgia, Athens & Tifton, GA, 1987-1989
- Research Fellow, Univ of New England, Australia, 1985-1986
- Research Fellow, Univ of Queensland, Australia, 1984-1985
- Visiting Scientist, Danish International Development Agency, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1977-1979
Honors and Awards Recieved:
- Recipient of Six Gold Medals from the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, for securing the first rank among 250 graduates in B.Sc. program, 1973
- Government of Netherlands Graduate Fellowship-for graduate studies at the Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, 1974-75.
- Potash and Phosphate Institute- Graduate Student Award. One out of five outstanding graduate students from the American and Canadian Universities in Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition specialization, 1981.
- National Science Foundation travel grant for presenting a paper at the 12th International Soil Science Congress, New Delhi, India, 1982.
- Sigma Xi (Pennsylvania State University Chapter): Research Award, 1983.
- Principal Investigator of competitive extramural grant totaling $2.2 million over a period of 6 years at University of Florida (1993-98).
- University of Florida, Faculty Bonus Award for Meritorious Performance, 1997.
- University of Florida, Meritorious Faculty Performance Award, 1998.
- Adjunct Professor, Crop and Soil Sciences Department, Washington State University, Pullman, WA (1999-present).
- USDA-ARS Pacific West Area, Superior Performance Award - by the Area Director for Administration and Leadership to the ARS, Prosser, WA, Research programs and providing guidance and directions to 10 Research Scientists, 2000 through 2004.
- Invited as an External Examiner for PhD Graduate Committee, LaTrobe University, Australia. January 2001.
- American Society of Agronomy – Fellow Award. 2002.
- Invited to serve in the Editorial Board of Journal of Crop Improvement, Haworth Press, Binghamton, NY. 2000 – Present.
- Invited to serve in the Washington State Potato Commission Research Council, Moses Lake, WA (1999-present).
- Invited (by the Bureau of Land Reclamation) to serve in an Interagency Advisory Committee to Heritage University, Toppenish, WA. (2002 – Present). This committee works with the College administration to develop academic curriculum appropriate to train the Native Americans and Hispanics students to meet the future job market in agriculture, natural resources, and environmental expertise.
- Invited to serve as an Acting National Program Leader for Integrated Cropping Systems National Program, at the ARS Headquarters, Beltsville, MD. May through July 2003.
- Soil Science Society of America – Fellow Award. 2004.
- Invited by Professor Robert Hoeft, Past President of American Society of Agronomy, to participate in a delegation of Agronomists (as a part of People to People Ambassador Program) to visit China in August 2005. The purpose of this delegation is to evaluate the current agronomic practices in China for various crops production, and provide guidelines to improve the current practices.
- Invited (by Professor H.P. Agrawal, Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry) to serve in Ph.D. Dissertation External Evaluation Panel for Banaras Hindu University, India (September 23, 2004).
- Invited to organize a symposium at the 11th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis, July 14-17, 2005, Orlando, FL.
- Invited to present a keynote paper at the International Fertigation Symposium, September 20 – 24, 2005, Beijing, China.
- Invited Guest Lecture on “Status of Controlled Release Fertilizers - Research and Use for Specialty Crops in America”. Kingenta Fertilizer Company, Linshu, China, July 12th to 14th, 2007.
- VISITING PROFESSORSHIP award by the Shandong Agricultural University, China, October 2007.
- International Association for Science and Technology for Development (IASTED) - Technical Committee on Environmental Systems, November 2007.
- COURTECEY PROFESSORSHIP award by the Institute of Soil Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing, China, 2007.
- HONORARY VISITING PROFESSORSHIP Award by Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University, Yangling, Shaanxi province, China, May 2009
- Invited to present a talk at the Distinguished Soil Science Lecture Series, University of Florida, May 2009
- HONORARY VISITING PROFESSORSHIP award by The University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, May 2009
- HONORARY MEMBER OF THE ADVISORY BOARD – Egyptian Journal of Agronomy and Egyptian Journal of Crop Science 2009
- INVITED to review/recommend Tenure Promotion Package for Soil and Water Science Department faculty member, University of Florida. 2009
- INVITED to present guest lectures, review and advice graduate students research, and develop cooperative research projects on “Sustainable nutrient and irrigation management of specialty crops” – Inner Mongolia Agriculture University, Hohhot; China Agriculture University, Beijing; Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University, Yangling. August 2009
- INVITED to serve in International Program Committee for the International Symposium on Soil Water Measurement using Capacitance Probes, Murcia, Spain, 2010.