Lindsay H. Allen, Ph.D., R.D., WHNRC Director
- vitamin B12 absorption & deficiency, community & international nutrition
Sean H. Adams, Ph.D., Research Leader
- fat tissue physiology & pathophysiology, lipid metabolism
Liping Huang, M.D., Ph.D.
- zinc transporters, zinc & cancer
Nancy L. Keim, Ph.D., R.D.
- energetics, food intake behavior, exercise physiology & metabolism
Kevin D. Laugero, Ph.D.
- dietary behavior, stress biology, community nutrition
John W. Newman, Ph.D.
- lipid metabolism, biomarker discovery, metabolomics technologies
Marta D. Van Loan, Ph.D.
- bone metabolism, calcium nutrition, body composition
Charles Stephensen , Ph.D.
- roles of vitamins A and D in immune function
Betty Jane Burri , Ph.D.
- physiological roles of beta-cryptoxanthin, lycopoene, and beta carotene
Wayne Chris Hawkes , Ph.D.
- roles of selenium and selenoproteins in cancer prevention
Dan Hwang , Ph.D.
- dietary modulation of inflammation and chronic diseases mediated by pattern recognition receptors of the innate immune system
Darshan Kelley , Ph.D.
- regulation of immune and inflammatory responses by dietary fatty acids
Susan Zunino , Ph.D.
- how dietary antioxidant phytochemicals regulate growth and function of normal and abnormal immune cells and regulate inflammation