· Module feederCompacted cotton as it comes from the field begins processing here. Video camera and moisture sensors in the feeder relay information about color, trash, and moisture to a computer.
· DryersCotton may bypass the dryers completely or dryer temperatures may be adjusted higher or lower, depending on instructions from the computer.
· Cylinder cleaners and stick machineOne or more stages may be needed, depending on the intended market quality of the cotton.
· Gin standRemoves fibers from the seeds. Sensors again relay quality information to the computer.
· Lint cleanersThe computer controls the number of cleaners to achieve the best end quality and value.
· Bale pressSensors measure the final quality immediately before the cotton fiber, or lint, is pressed into 500-pound bales ready for marketing.