A Brief history of the Tree Fruit Research Laboratory, Wenatchee, WA.
1913 Research initiated by D.F. Fisher to address fire blight and powdery mildew diseases of apple and pear. Laboratory space was developed in a barn in south Wenatchee.
1925 Projects to address spray residues, virus diseases, and storage and handling practices of deciduous tree fruit initiated.
1931 Office and laboratory activities consolidated to the Chelan County courthouse annex in Wenatchee.
1940 Office and laboratory activities moved to the old post office annex in Wenatchee.
1945 Research on biennial bearing and mineral nutrition of apple initiated.
1946 Columbia View Experimental Orchard established with funds provided by the Washington State Horticultural Association and the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
1949 Transportation and storage facilities research initiated.
1978 Construction of current laboratory facility completed.
Some major accomplishments:
Click on image to view an enlarged version.
No photos are available at this time.