Description: The Nitrogen Index tool is designed to help nutrient managers quickly assess N loss risk related to agricultural N management. For related information not included in the manual, as well as additional applications for the N Index, please review Delgado et al. (2006 and 2008) and De Paz et al. (2009).
New Features this version:
- Fully bilingual with Spanish and English.
- Two choices for measurement units: English and metric.
- The Nitrogen Index and Sustainability Index for Bolivia and Ecuador added
Technical Specs: The Nitrogen Index is a tool written in the programming language Java developed by Sun Microsystems®. The user must have the most recent version of Java installed to run the Nitrogen Index which can be downloaded for free from Java's website.
Latest Version: 4.4.2, Release date: 5/1/2013
For more detailed information of the Nitrogen Index, please see the PDF here.
- To download the Nitrogen Index Tool - N Index 4.4.2, please follow this link to navigate to the download form.
- To download the CCE Nitrogen Index Tool - N Index 4.4.1 for NRCS Users, please follow this link to navigate to the download form.
- To view the Nitrogen Index 4.4 Manual, please follow this link or navigate to the directory where the Nitrogen Index was installed (C:/Program Files/ is the default): /USDA-ARS-SPNR/Nitrogen Index/Example Files & Manual/Nitrogen Index 4.4 User Manual.pdf
- To view the Nitrogen Index 4.3.2 Manual, please follow this link.
Contact: Jorge Delgado