POLYACRYLAMIDE WORKSHEET #1
Calculating PAM-Water Solution Application Rates Based on Concentration
- Determine water flow to the field in gallons per minute.
- Record the desired PAM concentration in the treated water.
- Determine or record the field solution (tank) concentration. This may vary from 2000 ppm to 3000 ppm PAM.
- Multiple irrigation flow (gpm) by desired PAM concentration (ppm), then divide by the field solution strength (ppm). This will equal the flow rate (gpm) of PAM field solution from the tank to the ditch (Injection Rate).
- Adjust PAM flow using a catch can and stop watch.
- Total volume (gallons) of field solution needed can be obtained by multiplying Injection Rate (gpm) by total minutes projected to be run as dictated by furrow advance rate.
|Date & Field
||450 gpm x
||360 min =
||720 gals |