Publications - 2004
- Bauer, P.J., J.R. Frederick, J.M. Novak, and P.G. Hunt. 2004. Soil Respiration Rates After 25 Years of No-Tillage. pp. 118-125 in Proc. of the 26th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conference for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Bauer, P.J. and M.E. Roof. 2004. Nitrogen, Aldicarb, and Cover Crop Effects on Cotton Yield and Fiber Properties. Agron. J. 96:369-376.
- Busscher, W.J. and J.B. Lipiec. 2004. Eastern Europe: Where Does Conservation Fit In? J. Soil and Water Conservation M/A. 59(2):31a-33a.
- Busscher, W.J., P.J. Bauer, and C.R. Camp. 2004. Alleviation of Compaction in a Microirrigated Coastal Soil. pp. 109-117 in Proc. of the 26th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conference for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Djalankuzov, T.D., M.I. Rubinshtejn, B.U. Sulejmenov, Z.O. Oshakbaeva, and W.J. Busscher. 2004. Eastern Europe: Where Does Conservation Fit In? Kazakhstan. J. Soil and Water Conservation M/A. 59(2):34a-35a.
- Hunt, P.G., P.J. Bauer, T.A. Matheny, and W.J. Busscher. 2004. Crop Yield and Nitrogen Accumulation Response to Tillage of a Coastal Plain Soil. Crop Sci. 44:1673–1681.
- Hunt, P.G., T.A. Matheny, and K.C. Stone. 2004. Denitrification in a Coastal Plain Riparian Zone Contiguous to a Heavily Loaded Swine Wastewater Spray Field. J. Environ. Qual. 33:2367–2374.
- Kasperbauer, M.J. and J.H. Loughrin. 2004. Morphogenic Light Reflected to Developing Cotton Leaves Affects Insect-Attracting Terpene Concentrations. Crop Sci. 44:198-203.
- Kasperbauer, M.J. and J.H. Loughrin. 2004. Butterbean Seed Yield, Color, and Protein Content Are Affected by Photomorphogenesis. Crop Sci. 44:2123-2126.
- Novak, J.M. and D.W. Watts. 2004. Increasing the Phosphorus Sorption Capacity of Southeastern Coastal Plain Soils Using Water Treatment Residuals. Soil Science 169(3):206-214.
- Novak, J.M., D.W. Watts, K.C. Stone. 2004. Copper and Zinc Accumulation, Profile Distribution, and Crop Removal in Coastal Plain Soils Receiving Long Term, Intensive Applications of Swine Manure. Trans. ASAE 47(5): 1513-1522.
- Novak, J.M. , K.C. Stone, A.A. Szogi, D.W. Watts, and M.H. Johnson. 2004. Dissolved Phosphorus Retention and Release from a Coastal Plain In-Stream Wetland. J. Environ. Qual. 33:394–401.
- Poach, M.E., P.G. Hunt, G.B. Reddy, K.C. Stone, M.H. Johnson, and A. Grubbs. 2004. Swine wastewater treatment by marsh–pond–marsh constructed wetlands under varying nitrogen loads. Ecological Engineering 23:165–175.
- Poach. M.E., P.G. Hunt, G.B. Reddy, K.C. Stone, T.A. Matheny, M.H. Johnson, and E.J. Sadler. 2004. Ammonia Volatilization from Marsh-Pond-Marsh Constructed Wetlands Treating Swine Wastewater. J. Environ. Qual. 33:844-851.
- Robinson, S.J., J.R. Frederick, P.J. Bauer, and W.J. Busscher. 2004. Producing Winter Wheat with Conservation Tillage on the Southeastern Coastal Plain. pp. 179-187 in Proc. of the 26th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conference for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Stone, K.C., M.E. Poach, P.G. Hunt, G.B. Reddy. 2004. Marsh-pond-marsh constructed wetland design analysis for swine lagoon wastewater treatment. Ecological Engineering 23:127–133.
- Stone, K.C. , P.G. Hunt, J.M. Novak, M.H. Johnson, D.W. Watts, and F.J. Humenik. 2004. Stream nitrogen changes in an eastern Coastal Plain watershed. J. Soil and Water Conservation M/A. 59(2):66-72.
- Stone, K.C., P.G. Hunt, and M.H. Johnson. 2004. Soybean, Wheat, and Forage Subsurface Drip Irrigation using Treated Swine Effluent. pp. 407-412. Proc. Irrigation Assn. Intl. Irrigation Tech. Conf.
- Szogi, A.A., M.B. Vanotti, J.M. Rice, F.J. Humenik, and P.G. Hunt. 2004. Nitrification Options for Pig Wastewater Treatment. Journal of Agricultural Research 47:439-448.
- Szogi, A.A., P.G. Hunt, E.J. Sadler, and D.E. Evans. 2004. Characterization of Oxidation-Reduction Processes in Constructed Wetlands for Swine Wastewater Treatment. Applied Engr.in Agric. 20(2):189-200.
- Szogi, A.A. and M.B. Vanotti. 2004. Utilization of Nutrients from Animal Manure: Legislation and Technology Solutions. J. Soils and Sediments 3(4):260-262.
- Vanotti, M.B. 2004. Evaluation of Environmentally Superior Technology: Swine Waste Treatment System for Elimination of Lagoons, Reduced Environmental Impact, and Improved Water Quality. Rpt. For Tech Det. Per Agreements Between Attny. Gen. N.C., Smithfield Foods, Premium Standard Farms, and Frontline Farmers.