Publications - 2003
- Bauer, P.J., Sadler, E.J., Fredrick, J.R. 2003. Rainfed Farming. Encyclopedia of Water Science, pp.780-782.
- Bauer, P.J., D.W. Reeves, R.M. Johnson, and J.M. Bradow. 2003. Cover Crop, Tillage, and N Rate Effect on Cotton Grown in Ultra-Narrow Rows. Crop Management dol:10.1094/CM-2003-1006-01-RS.
- Busscher, W.J. and P.J. Bauer. 2003. Soil strength, cotton root growth and lint yeild in a southeastern USA coastal loamy sand. Soil & Tillage Research 74 (2003) 151-159.
- Camp, C.R., F.R. Lamm. 2003. Irrigation Systems, Subsurface Drip. Encyclopedia of Water Science, pp.560-564.
- Hunt, P.G., M.E. Poach, A.A. Szogi, G.B. Reddy, K.C. Stone, F.J. Humenik, and M.B. Vanotti. 2003. Operation Components and Design of Constructed Wetlands Used for Treatment of Swine Waste.
- Hunt, P.G., T. A. Matheny, and A.A. Szogi. 2003. Denitrification in constructed wetlands used for treatment of swine wastewater. J. Environ. Qual. 32:727-735.
- Loughrin, J.H. and M.J. Kasperbauer. 2003. Aroma Content of Fresh Basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) Leaves is Affected by Light Reflected from Colored Mulches. J. Agric. & Food Chem. 51(8):2272-2276.
- Manley, D.G., J.A. Durant, P.J. Bauer, and J.R. Fredrick. 2003. Rye Cover Crop, Surface Tillage, Crop Rotation, and Soil Insecticide Impact on Thrips Numbers in Cotton in the Southeastern Coastal Plain. J. Agric. Urban Entomol. 19(4):217-226.
- Novak, J.M., K.C. Stone, D.W. Watts, and M.H. Johnson. 2003. Dissolved Phosphorus Transport During Storm and Base Flow conditions From an Agriculturally Intensive Southeastern Coastal Plain Watershed. Trans. ASAE 46(5):1355-1363.
- Poach, M. E., P.G. Hunt, M.B. Vanotti, K.C. Stone, T.A. Matheny, M.H. Johnson, E.J. Sadler. 2003. Improved nitrogen treatment by constructed wetlands receiving partially nitrified liquid swine manure. Ecological Engineering 20:183-187.
- Sadler, E.J., C.R. Camp, and J.E. Hook. 2003. Irrigation Management in Humid Regions. Encyclopedia of Water Science, pp. 478-482.
- Stone, K.C., P.G. Hunt, and M.H. Johnson. 2003. Soybean, Wheat, and Forage Subsurface Drip Irrigation using Traeted Swine Effluent.
- Stone, K.C., P.G. Hunt, J.M. Novak, and M.H. Johnson. 2003. In-Stream Wetland Design for Non-Point Source Pollution Abatement. Applied Engineering. in Agriculture 19(2):171-175.
- Szögi, A.A. and M.B. Vanotti. 2003. Utilization of Nutrients from Animal Manure: Legislation and Technology Solutions. J. Soils and Sediments 3(4)260 – 262.
- Szogi, A.A., P.G. Hunt, and F.J. Humenik. 2003. Nitrogen Distribution in Soils of Constructed Wetlands Treating Lagoon Wastewater. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 67:1943-1951.
- Szogi, A.A., M.B. Vanotti, P.G. Hunt. 2003. Extraction of Soluble Phosphorus in Swine Waste Treatment System Without Lagoon. ASAE Annual Mtg., October 12-15, St. Joseph Michigan.
- Vanotti, M.B., A.A. Szogi, and P.G. Hunt 2003. Extraction of Soluble Phosphorus in Swine Wastewater. Transactions of the ASAE Vol. 46(6):1665-1674.
- Vanotti, M., P. Hunt, A. Szogi, F. Humenik, and P. Millner. 2003. Solids separation, nitrification-denitrification, soluble phosphorus removal, solids processing system. pp.30-35. Proc. North Carolina Animal Waste Management Workshop, Oct. 16-17, Raleigh, NC. (CD-ROM)
- Vanotti, M.B., A.A. Szogi, and A.Q. Ellison. 2003. Extraction of Soluble Phosphorus in Swine Waste Treatment System Without Lagoon. ASAE Annual Mtg., October 12-15, St. Joseph Michigan.