Publications - 2001
- Busscher, W. J. 2001. Soil recompaction after intensive deep tillage. pp. 17-24. In Proc. 24th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conf. for Sustainable Agriculture. 9-11 July, Oklahoma City, OK. (CD-ROM)
- Busscher, W. J., J. R. Frederick, and P. J. Bauer. 2001. Effect of penetration resistance and timing of rain on grain yield of narrow-row corn in a coastal plain loamy sand. Soil & Tillage Res. 63:15-24.
- Camp, C. R., P. J. Bauer, W. J. Busscher, and P. G. Hunt. 2001. Subsurface drip irrigation for cotton in the Southeast. pp. 57-63. In Proc. International Irrigation
Show, 4-6 November, San Antonio, TX.
- Camp, C. R., E. J. Sadler, D. E. Evans, and J. A. Millen. 2001. Irrigation and nitrogen management with a site-specific center pivot. In G. Grenier, and S. Blackmore (eds.) ECPA 2001:Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Precision Agriculture, Montpellier, France: agro Montpellier.
- Chastain, J. P., M. B. Vanotti, and M. M. Wingfield. 2001. Effectiveness of liquid-solid separation for treatment of flushed dairy manure: A case study. Applied Engr. in Agric. 17(3):343-354.
- Frederick, J. R., P. J. Bauer, and W. J. Busscher. 2001. Grain yield and yield components of doublecropped winter wheat as affected by wheat and previous soybean production practices. Crop Sci. 41(3):778-784.
- Frederick, J. R., C. R. Camp, and P. J. Bauer. 2001. Drought-stress effects on branch and mainstem seed yield and yield components of determinate soybean. Crop Sci. 41(3):759-763.
- Gerwig, B. K., K. C. Stone, R. G. Williams, D. W. Watts, and J. M. Novak. 2001. Using GLEAMS and REMM to estimate nutrient movement from a spray field and through a riparian forest. Trans. ASAE 44(3):505-512.
- Hunt, P. G., and M. E. Poach. 2001. State of the art for animal wastewater treatment in constructed wetlands. Water Sci. Technology 44(11-12):19-25.
- Kasperbauer, M. J., J. H. Loughrin, and S. Y. Wang. 2001. Light reflected from red mulch to ripening strawberries affects aroma, sugar and organic acid concentrations. Photochemistry and Photobiology 74(1):103-107.
- Loughrin, J. H., and M. J. Kasperbauer. 2001. Light reflected from colored mulches affects aroma and phenol content of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) leaves. J. Agric. & Food Chem. 49(3):1331-1335.
- Novak, J. M., D. W. Watts, K. C. Stone, and M. H. Johnson. 2001. Seasonal occurrence and export of five herbicides from a North Carolina Coastal Plain watershed. Trans. ASAE 44(5):1201-1206.
- Reddy, G. B., P. G. Hunt, R. Phillips, K. Stone, and A. Grubbs. 2001. Treatment of swine wastewater in marsh-pond-marsh constructed wetlands. Water Sci. Technol.44(11-12):545-550.
- Sadler, E. J., C. R. Camp, D. E. Evans, and L. J. Usrey. 2001. Variable-rate, digitally-controlled fluid metering device. US Patent No. 6,293,429.
- Sojka, R. E., W. J. Busscher, and G. A. Lehrsch. 2001. In situ strength, bulk density, and water content relationslhips of a Durinodic Xeric Haplocalcid soil. Soil Sci. 166(8):520-529.
- Szogi, A. A., and P. G. Hunt. 2001. Distribution of ammonium-N in the water-soil interface of a surface-flow constructed wetland for swine wastewater treatment. Water Sci. Technology 44(11-12):157-162.
- Vanotti, M. B., and P. G. Hunt. 2001. Treatment and sustainable management of manure and by-products: Problems and solutions in USA. Porci Monograph National Inst. of Agric. Res. (Spain) 65:67-83.
- Vanotti, M. B., J. M. Rice, P. G. Hunt, F. J. Humenik, A. Q. Ellison, C. A. Baird, P. Millner, and A. A. Szogi. 2001. Evaluation of polymer solids separation, nitrification-denitrification and soluble phosphorus removal system for treating swine manure. 4 pp. In Proc. Int’l. Symp. Addressing Animal Production and Environmental Issues, 3-5 October, Raleigh, NC. (CD-ROM)