Publications - 1997
- Bauer, P. J., and J. R. Frederick. 1997. Winter crop effect on double-cropped cotton grown with and without irrigation. pp. 220-222. In R. N. Gallaher and R. McSorley (eds.) Proceedings of the 20th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conference for Sustainable Agriculture, 24-26 June, Gainesville, FL.
- Bauer, P. J., P. G. Hunt, and C. R. Camp. 1997. In-season evaluation of subsurface drip and nitrogen-application method for supplying nitrogen and water to cotton. J. Cotton Sci. 1:29-37.
- Bauer, P. J., E. J. Sadler, and J. R. Frederick. 1997. Intermittent shade effect on gas exchange of cotton leaves in the humic southeastern USA. Agron J. 89(2):163-166.
- Bowman, D. T., O. L. May, and D. S. Calhoun. 1997. Coefficients of parentage for 260 cotton cultivars released between 1970 and 1990. USDA-ARS Technical Bulletin No. 1852. 80 pp. USDA-ARS, Washington, DC.
- Bradow, J. M., and P. J. Bauer. 1997. How variety and weather determine yarn properties and dye uptake. pp. 560-564. In Beltwide Cotton Conferences Proceedings, 6-10 January, New Orleans, LA.
- Bradow, J. M., and P. J. Bauer. 1997. Fiber-quality variations related to cotton planting date and temperature. pp. 1491-1495. In Beltwide Cotton Conferences Proceedings, 6-10 January, New Orleans, LA.
- Bradow, J. M., P. J. Bauer, O. Hinojosa, and G. Sassenrath-Cole. 1997. Quantitation of cotton fibre-quality variations arising from boll and plant growth environments. European J. of Agron. 6:191-204.
- Bradow, J. M., P. J. Bauer, G. F. Sassenrath-Cole, and R. M. Johnson. 1997. Modulations of fiber properties by growth environment that persist as variations of fiber and yarn quality. pp. 1351-1360. In Beltwide Cotton Conferences Proceedings, 6-10 January, New Orleans, LA.
- Bradow, J. M., L. H. Wartelle, P. J. Bauer, and G. F. Sassenrath-Cole. 1997. Small-sample cotton fiber quality quantitation. J. Cotton Sci. 1:48-60.
- Busscher, W. J., P. J. Bauer, C. R. Camp, and R. E. Sojka. 1997. Correction of cone index for soil water content differences in a Coastal Plain soil. Soil & Tillage Res. 43:205-217.
- Busscher, W. J., P. J. Bauer, and J. R. Frederick. 1997. Timing of deep tillage for wheat-soybean double crop in the SE Coastal Plain. pp. 150-155. In R. N. Gallaher and R. McSorley (eds.) Proceedings of the 20th Annual Southern Conservation Tillage Conference for Sustainable Agriculture, 24-26 June, Gainesville, FL.
- Busscher, W. J., J. Lipiec, P. J. Bauer, and T. E. Carter. 1997. Root penetration of artificially compacted hard layers. pp. 119-122. In Proc. 14th ISTRO Conf., 27 July -1 August 1997, Pulawy, Poland.
- Calhoun, D. S., D. T. Bowman, and O. L. May. 1997. Pedigrees of upland and pima cotton cultivars released between 1970 and 1995. Mississippi Agric. & For. Expt. Stn. Bull. 1069, 53 pp.
- Camp, C. R., P. J. Bauer, and P. G. Hunt. 1997. Subsurface drip irrigation lateral spacing and management for cotton in the southeastern Coastal Plain. Trans. ASAE 40(4):993-999.
- Camp, C. R., and E. J. Sadler. 1997. Site-specific water, nutrient and pesticide management. Irrigation J. 47(3):14-16.
- Camp, C. R., and E. J. Sadler. 1997. Capabilities of a center pivot irrigation system for precision management of water and nutrients. pp. 235-242. In Proceedings of the Irrigation Association Technical Conference, November 2-4, Nashville, TN.
- Camp, C. R., E. J. Sadler, and W. J. Busscher. 1997. A comparison of uniformity measures for drip irrigation systems. Trans ASAE 40(4):1013-1020.
- Camp, C. R., E. J. Sadler, and D. E. Evans. 1997. Water and nitrogen management using a site-specific center pivot. ASAE Paper No. 972218. ASAE:St. Joseph, MI. 12p.
- Fortnum, B. A., D. R. Decoteau, and M. J. Kasperbauer. 1997. Colored mulches affect yield of fresh-market tomato infected with Meloidogyne incognita. J. Nematology 29(4):538-546.
- Humenik, F., M. Rice, M. Cook, S. Broome, P. Hunt, A. Szogi, G. Stem, M. Sugg, and G. Scalf. 1997. Constructed wetland to treat swine wastewater, Duplin County, North Carolina. pp. II-1 - II-4. In Constructed Wetlands for Animal Waste Treatment. Gulf of Mexico Program, Nutrient Enrichment Committee Report.
- Hunt, P. G., P. J. Bauer, and T. A. Matheny. 1997. Crop production in a wheat-cotton doublecrop rotation with conservation tillage. J. Prod. Agric. 10(3):371-465.
- Hunt, P. G., M. B. Vanotti, A. A. Szogi, F. J. Humenik, and J. M. Rice. 1997. Constructed wetlands for animal wastewater treatment. pp. 161-175. In L. M. Risse (ed.) Proceedings of the Southeastern Animal Waste Management Workshop, 11-13 February, Tifton, GA.
- Kasperbauer, M. J., and D. P. Thibodeaux. 1997. Light environment of the developing boll affects cotton fiber length. pp. 1490-1491. In Beltwide Cotton Conferences Proceedings, 6-10 January, New Orleans, LA.
- Mann, J. E., S. G. Turnipseed, M. J. Sullivan, P. H. Adler, J. A. Durant, and O. L. May. 1997. Effects of early-season loss of flower buds on yield, quality, and maturity of cotton in South Carolina. J. Economic Entomology 90(5):1324-1331.
- Mathis, J. N., D. E. McMillin, R. A. Champion, and P. G. Hunt. 1997. Genetic variation in two cultivars of Bradyrhizobium japonicum 110 differing in their ability to impart drought tolerance to soybean. Current Microbiology 35:363-366.
- May, O. L. and D. S. Howle. 1997. Registration of three germplasm lines of upland cotton: PD 93007, PD 93043, and PD 93046. Crop Sci. 37(3):1030.
- May, O. L. and D. S. Howle. 1997. Registration of six germplasm lines of upland cotton: PD 93009, PD 93019, PD 93021, PD 93030, PD 93034, and PD 93057. Crop Sci. 37(3):1030-1031.
- Novak, J. M., T. B. Moorman, and C. A. Cambardella. 1997. Atrazine sorption at the field scale in relation to soils and landscape position. J. Environ. Qual. 26(5):1271-1277.
- Novak, J. M. and D. W. Watts. 1997. Evaluation of C18 solid-phase extraction cartridges for the isolation of select pesticides and metabolites. J. Environ. Sci. Health B32(4):565-581.
- Omary, M., C. R. Camp, and E. J. Sadler. 1997. Center pivot irrigation system modification to provide variable water application depths. Applied Engr. in Agric. 13(2):235-239.
- Sadler, E. J., and G. Russell (eds.) 1997. The State of Site-Specific Management for Agriculture. ASA/CSSA/SSSA, Madison, WI. 430 p.
- Sadler, E. J., and G. Russell. 1997. Modeling crop yield for site-specific management. pp. 69-79. In F. J. Pierce and E. J. Sadler (eds.) The State of Site-Specific Management for Agriculture. ASA/CSSA/SSSA, Madison, WI.
- Sadler, E. J., and R. E. Schroll. 1997. An empirical model of diurnal temperature patterns. Agron. J. 89(4):542-548.
- Sadler, E. J., C. R. Camp, D. E. Evans, and L. J. Usrey. 1997. A site-specific irrigation system for the southeastern USA Coastal Plain. pp 337-344. In J. V. Stafford (ed.) Proceedings First European Conference on Precision Agriculture, 7-10 September 1997, Warwick University Conference Centre, UK.
- Stone, K. C., P. G. Hunt, M. H. Johnson, and T. A. Matheny. 1997. Ground water nitrate-N concentrations on an eastern Coastal Plains watershed. Paper No. 972152. ASAE:St. Joseph, MI. 15 p.
- Szogi, A. A., F. J. Humenik, J. M. Rice, and P. G. Hunt. 1997. Swine wastewater treatment by media filtration. J. Environ. Sci. Health B32(5):831-843.
- Van Esbroeck, G. A., D. T. Bowman, and O. L. May. 1997. Pedigrees and distinguishing characteristics of upland and pima cotton germplasm lines released between 1972 and 1996. NC State Univ. Tech. Bull. 312, 80 pp.
- Watts, D. W. and J. M. Novak. 1997. Evaluation of atrazine positive and false positive immunoassay detections in ground water. J. Environ. Sci. Health B32(5):659-671.
- Watts, D. W., J. M. Novak, and R. L. Pfeiffer. 1997. Evaluation of an ELISA kit for the detection of metribuzin in stream water. Environ. Sci. Technol. 31(4):1116-1119.
Last Modified: 11/06/2009