INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL, REPAIR, AND UNINSTALL WHAT'S IN THE FOODS YOU EAT SEARCH TOOL
- Title screen. Displays the USDA and ARS logos and the title of the program. Click “Next” button.
- Welcome screen. Displays information about the search tool version. Click “Next” button.
- Select Installation Folder screen. Select download folder and specify users:
a. The default folder where the search tool will be installed is displayed in a box. (Remember: If you want to be able to use 2 or more versions, they must be installed in different directories. Installing them in the same directory will result in one version overwriting the other.) You can install in a different folder by entering the folder name in the box or by clicking on the “Browse” button to view possible folders.
b. You also can specify whether you want to install the application only for yourself or for all users sharing the computer.
c. After selecting a folder, click “Next” to go to the next screen
- Confirm Installation screen. Final confirmation before the installation proceeds. Click “Next” to begin the installation.
- Installing Program screen. Progress of installation is displayed by a bar. No action is required.
- Installation Complete screen. Confirms that the program was installed successfully. Click “Finish” to exit.
If the Search Tool program is not working properly, you can repair it by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
In the dialog box that appears, select "Repair", then click on "Next". The repair program will overwrite the existing program.
If you have installed Search Tool on your computer and you want to uninstall it, double-click on the downloaded file.
In the dialog box that appears, select "Uninstall", then click on "Next". The uninstall program will remove the existing program.