· The objective of this study is to determine whether the consumption of blackberries affects cancer risk.
· 25-75 years of age
· Not diabetic
· No use of blood-thinning medications
· Two 4-week diet periods, separated by a 1-6 week break.
· During the two diet periods, participants will come in to the center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· There will be 4 testing days during each diet period, which will include blood and/or urine collections.
· Some participants will be selected to participate in additional blood and urine collections at the end of each diet period. Participants will be at the center for approximately 8 hours during each of these visits.
· A fecal sample will be collected at the beginning and end of each diet period.
· Volunteers will be compensated.
· If you are interested in participating, you must attend an information meeting to learn of the details of the study. The meetings will be held at the following dates and times:
o Monday 9/23/2013 at 5:00 PM
o Tuesday 9/24/2013 at 12:00 PM
o Monday 9/30/2013 at 5:00 PM
o Tuesday 10/1/2013 at 12:00 PM