Berries, Apples & Tea Study
· To learn more about the absorption of plant-derived nutritional components called polyphenols, in berries, apples, and tea, and their potential benefits in improving health.
· 25-75 years of age
· Not diabetic
· Study will consist of one 10-week diet period. During these 10 weeks volunteers will be fed a controlled diet provided by the Center.
· Participants will come in to the Center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· During the 10 weeks, you will be allowed to eat only the items that we provide for you and you must eat all of the items that we provide for you.
· Blood, urine, and fecal samples will be collected throughout the study.
· Study will start late September/early October and end in December.
Interested in participating?
· If you are interested in participating, you must attend an information meeting. Dates and times for information meetings for the Berries, Apple & Tea Study are:
Monday, August 11th @ 5:00 PM
Tuesday, August 12th @ 12:00 PM
Monday, August 18th @ 5:00 PM
Tuesday, August 19th @ 12:00 PM
· Please click here for more information on information meetings, screening, study volunteer responsibilities, and directions.
· If you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-504-5454 and leave a message.