To learn more about how the nutrients in Brassica vegetables, such as broccoli, are absorbed
· 21-70 years of age
· Not diabetic
· Study will consist of two 3-week study periods with a 3-week break in between periods. During the two 3-week study periods, volunteers will be fed a controlled diet provided by the Center.
· Participants will come in to the Center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· During the 6 weeks, participants will be allowed to eat only the items that we provide and they must eat all of the items that we provide.
· Blood, urine, and fecal samples will be collected during the study.
· Study will start in late February and end in April.
Interested in participating?
· If you are interested in participating, you must attend an information meeting. Dates and times for information meetings for the Broccoli Study are:
Monday, January 12th @ 5:00 PM
Tuesday, January 13th @ 12:00 PM
Tuesday, January 20th @ 5:00 PM
Wednesday, January 21st @ 12:00 PM
Monday, January 26th @ 5:00 PM
Tuesday, January 27th @12:00 PM
· Please click on the link on the left for “Volunteer Screening Process” for more information on information meetings, screening, study volunteer responsibilities, and directions.
· If you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-504-5454 and leave a message.