Mediterranean Study - We are no longer recruiting for this study
· To learn more about the effects of different amounts of beef, as part of a Mediterranean diet, on risk factors of cardiovascular disease.
· 30-65 years of age
· Not diabetic
· Not vegetarian
· Not taking cholesterol-lowering medications
· Study will consist of four 4-week diet periods. During these 16 weeks, volunteers will be fed a controlled diet provided by The Center. There will be a 1-2 week break in between each diet period.
· Participants will come to The Center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· During the 16 weeks, participants will be allowed to eat only the items that we provide and they must eat all of the items that we provide. You must be in the area during the entire 16 weeks.
· Blood, urine, and fecal samples will be collected at various times throughout the study.
· Participants will be compensated up to $1950 for completion of the entire study, including all measurements.
· Study is scheduled to start in April 2016 and end in September 2016.
Interested in participating?
We are longer recruiting for this study
· If you would like further information, please email us at: Volunteers@ars.usda.gov or call 301-504-5454 and leave a message.