The Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center is recruiting for the STAR Study (Soybean Oil Trial of cArdiovascular Risk).
· To learn more about the effects of different types of soybean oils on risk factors of cardiovascular disease.
· 30-70 years of age
· Not taking cholesterol-lowering medications
· Not diabetic
· Study will consist of four 4-week diet periods. During these 16 weeks volunteers will be fed a controlled diet provided by the Center.
· Participants will come in to the Center for breakfast and dinner, Monday-Friday. Lunch and weekend meals will be packed for carryout.
· During the 16 weeks, participants will be allowed to eat only the items that we provide and they must eat all of the items that we provide.
· Blood and urine samples will be collected throughout the study.
· Study is scheduled to start in May and end in October.
Interested in participating?
· If you are interested in participating, you must attend an information meeting. Dates and times for information meetings for the Oil Study are:
Thursday, March 19 at 5:00 PM
Friday, March 20 at 12:00 PM
Monday, March 23 at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, March 24 at 12:00 PM
Monday, April 6 at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, April 7 at 12:00 PM
Monday, April 13 at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, April 14 at 12:00 PM
Monday, April 20 at 5:00 PM
Tuesday April 21 at 12:00 PM
· Participants may be compensated up to $1950 for completion of the study.
· Please click on the link on the left for “Volunteer Screening Process” for more information on information meetings, screening, study volunteer responsibilities, and directions.
· If you would like further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-504-5454 and leave a message.