You are here:
Northern Plains Area Home
/ Stored Product Insect Research Unit
/ Areawide IPM Accomplishments
|Areawide IPM Accomplishments
Areawide IPM Accomplishments
Pro | Accomplishments | Publications
- A new method was developed that allows insect sampling
in +100-foot-tall bins without having to turn the grain.
- We developed and validated a decision support tool that
can be used by elevator managers for insect problems in
- Based on data from the last two years, SGA Pro successfully
predicted bins at risk (insects) in 527 out of 530 total
- SGA Pro can save managers money by only fumigating bins
at high risk for insect losses, rather than fumigating all
bins at the elevator.
- The decision support system reduces the frequency of fumigation
by only treating the bins that have high insect density,
rather than treating all the bins.
- Elevators that followed our recommendations after sampling,
reduced the number of bins they normally fumigated by at
- A new grain-scouting company was recently started that
is using SGA Pro and the sampling tools that were developed
in this project.