Three different rail systems serve the Beltsville area:
- The Greenbelt station on the Green Line is the closest stop
- Take the USDA shuttle to Beltsville from the station
Amtrak trains stop at
- New Carollton, MD (closer to Beltsville by taxi or car)
- Union Station in Washington, D.C. (closer to Beltsville by Metrorail or MARC train)
The Greenbelt station on the Camden Line is the closest light rail stop.
USDA operates a free shuttle service from the Greenbelt Metro Station.
- Leaves from the bus lane every 20 minutes from 6:00 AM to 6:20 PM
- Returns to the station every 20 minutes from 6:15 AM to 6:15 PM
The shuttle makes 3 stops at the:
- G.W. Carver Center (ARS offices) on Sunnyside Road
- National Agricultural Library
- Beltsville Agricultural Research Center at Bldg. 003