USDA ARS SOFT WHEAT QUALITY LABORATORY
60th Research Review Conference
Wednesday, March 19, 2014, Wooster, Ohio.
Registration includes meeting, continental breakfast and luncheon.
Register in February to receive the early-bird discount: $90
March registration: $120
Social Hour provided by the sponsored by the AACCI Cincinnati Section at the Wooster Inn
Dinner at the Wooster Inn: $35
Dr. Byung-Kee Baik, SWQL leader and lab members will present research results for 2013.
The meeting will highlight guest speaker presentations relating to soft wheat.
The third annual Bill Yamazaki Student Soft Wheat Cereal Science Student Poster competition will award a cash prize for the winner.
Guest speakers include:
- Laura Lindsey, The Ohio State University
- Planting row spacing and nitrogen fertilizer rate on wheat grain quality.
- Angela M. Shaw, Iowa State University
- Food safety in bulk grains: Developing food safety and record-keeping plans
- Laura Hansen, General Mills
- Formulating whole grain foods: overview of ingredient, processing and sourcing challenges
- Diane Gannon, Diane Gannon LLC
- Oxidative gelation, cracker and pancake baking methods
- Esten Mason, University of Arkansas
- Challenges to Developing Soft Wheat cultivars adapted to Arkansas and Southern U.S.
Agenda, registration forms and poster contest information are downloadable from this site. Send registration forms to:
- Diane Perry
- 1680 Madison Ave.
- Old Administration Building
- Wooster, Ohio 44691