The Shafter Cotton Research Station was established in 1922. Since that time the Station has served as a primary source of research, germplasm, and technology for cotton producers of the arid and semi-arid West. Click on the link below to open a brief history of the Station from its establishment until 1996. This historical account was compiled by Dr. Lyle Carter, a former Research Leader at the Station.
USDA and Cotton in Kern County